Question Looking for Reccomendation of upgrades.

ThunderMS34

Honorable
Aug 26, 2019
Currently I'm using a 4090 (Which I'm keeping obviously)
i7-12700k + 64GB 3600 CL16 ddr4 on a MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi Motherboard

I'm considering the swap over to a 7800x3d in November when Black Friday sales start popping up

But Im in a specific category of use case as I have 4 HDD's, 1 2.5 SSD, and an Optical Drive installed in my PC alongside the 1 2TB NVME SSD...

I'm thinking of getting a 4TB WD Black SN850X SSD for extra storage when I get the new parts

Already know I want the 7800x3d unless by some miracle the 9800x3d is out and is better.

Already know I'm wanting the G.Skill Ripjaws X5 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 6000 CL30 ram

But I wanna know what kind of motherboard I outta be looking at.

Keeping in mind of the 6 Sata Drives I'm using + I sim race so I have alot of peripherials and currently using a Racing Wheel, Pedals, Mouse, Keyboard(x2 USB) USB Hub (5 of 7 Ports used on the hub) with plans to add more USB devices in potential future.

The only viable Motherboard I can come up with is the MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk WiFi and nothing else really catches my eye. Of course I could always last ditch effort ditch the optical drive and move around storage from my singular 4TB HDD the 3 8TB hdd's leaving me with 4 Sata's but that's not exactly a move I want to make.

Lutfij

Titan
But I wanna know what kind of motherboard I outta be looking at.
You could look into any B650 chipset motherboard out there. What sort of a budget have you set aside for your motherboard purchase? Where are you located and are you looking at an ATX motherboard?

with plans to add more USB devices in potential future.
How many USB devices are we looking at?

If you need a lot of storage, probably offload that with a NAS?