Looking for Small Form Factor Light Gaming PC

eepok

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Hi all,

I haven't built a PC in a few years, but since 2007 or so I've focused on building lower-power consumption and quiet gaming PCs at or below $1,000. Unfortunately, my itch to build has crept up again, but I know it's an miserable time to buy a video card.

So I've been looking at purchasing a pre-built system. I'm looking at the ASUS GR8-II and MSI Trident mini-PCs and I'm trying to find similar PC styles to compare, but am coming up short.

Does anyone know of other manufacturers making these very-small, gaming capable PCs?

Thank you kindly.

Solution
Lenovo is offering a gaming "cube" whose height and depth is comparable, but it's much wider. Hence a cube. 15.48" x 12.38" x 9.93". Definitely smaller than a traditional tower form factor. Weight starts at 16.3 lbs.

bvanevery

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Well how small is "very small" ? My Mom's Alienware X51 case from 5 years ago is 4 inches wide. 13.5 inches tall, 12 inches deep. We didn't know that when I specified it for her. The thing came and I was shocked at how small it was compared to a more traditional PC tower case. This is definitely not the smallest thing you can buy though. AFAIAC it's certainly small enough.

eepok

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007

That's definitely small and exactly what I'm looking for. Here are images of the ASUS and MSI (pre-built) options currently on the market:

maxresdefault.jpg

trident_gifts03-fs8.png

bvanevery

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Lenovo is offering a gaming "cube" whose height and depth is comparable, but it's much wider. Hence a cube. 15.48" x 12.38" x 9.93". Definitely smaller than a traditional tower form factor. Weight starts at 16.3 lbs.

Solution

eepok

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007

Hey! This is great! In all my research, I hadn't found this one. It looks like it's a better deal than the ASUS and MSI options, too!