Looking for smooth gameplay option help.

Justin_157

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
So I know what g sync monitors are it basically is like having v sync on but it doesn't effect performance.
So I do not have a gsync monitor but I would like to ask if there is any sort of software that could simulate it.
So let's say you are watching on youtube a 1080p60fps gameplay of your favorite game and the person who is recording has an fps counter at the top left that shows well over 60 like let's say 100-150 but when I am watching the video it is the same super smooth gameplay. But when I get in the same game and have 100-150 fps it is not smooth at all. If it is so easy for youtube to render it in 60fps and make it super smooth without the bad things that vsync and framerate capping does it makes your frames go below 60.
Could someone or is there some software that is like a "filter" that youtube applies to make it smooth and render in 60fps but actually it could be 200fps in the background.
So I am looking for an app/software that could on the fly force the monitor not the system to render only in the smooth 60fps and not try to render in that 150fps or whatever like you would be watching a youtube video.
I hope you guys could clarify share or think about a program like this and if there is one or would it be possible to make one.

Solution

I think that if it could be done as effectively as Nvidia does it via expensive hardware, Nvidia themselves would have done it that way. You always get more customers if the price is better.

So I'm basically saying it's very unlikely. Even if some software genius could somehow mimic hardware G-Sync, they'd probably get sued for copyright infringement by Nvidia.

Justin_157

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Thank you for your answer.
Would you think that a program like this "Digital g-sync" could be made? Or is it too far fetched?

I think that if it could be done as effectively as Nvidia does it via expensive hardware, Nvidia themselves would have done it that way. You always get more customers if the price is better.

So I'm basically saying it's very unlikely. Even if some software genius could somehow mimic hardware G-Sync, they'd probably get sued for copyright infringement by Nvidia.

Solution