Question Looking for some first hand experiences with IPD, glasses, and the Rift S

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
So, a couple days ago I just happened across Bestbuy.ca having the Rift S in stock and knowing how "out of stock" it has been, I jumped on it. I had heard about the IPD but didn't really think I would have an issue, but maybe I will.

They say it's set for around 63mm min, although there is some software adjustment, but I apparently have an IPD of 58.5mm. Something else I never though of was that I have glasses, and although the frames will fit in the set, they are progressives, so I would expect that to give me major problems. I've seen that you can buy lenses that fit in the Rift S so that's of less of a concern, but the IPD is a bit more worrying.

Anyone have a Rift S and an IPD of around 58-59mm and can comment on their experience? Or of their experience with progressive glasses?

Thanks!

DM

WildCard999

Titan
I'm not too familiar with glasses sizes and how they fit into the Rift S. Best Buy is good about returns/refunds so I would just try it out and see how it works for you. I don't think COVID-19 affected there policies but it may be worth asking them about returns. Speaking of which it's a shame the stores are closed for those who want to browse as the BB near me usually has the Rift S on display to try. Even here in the states many of the VR systems are out of stock, I'm waiting for the Vive Play.

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Its more about my pupil distance being below the recommended value of 63mm. I'm 58.5mm. I hear there is software that helps but was hoping someone with a Rift S or experience with this and has a similar pupil distance could offer some insight.

Thanks!