Looking for some graphics card buying advice:)

Pete_123

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
I built my gaming pc about a year ago on a mid range budget (about $725 give or take a few bucks) and I love it and it runs great if I'm running Skyrim but with all these new games I'm just looking to make some upgrades. I didn't know hardly anything about computers when I set out to build my own and I've never taken any classes or anything so what I do know is all self taught. I'm here to learn whatever you guys can teach me:)

Current build is below:
video card: radeon hd 7850
motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-D3P
cpu: AMD FX 6300 black edition
RAM: adata DDR3 1600, PC3-12800, 4gb x 2
psu: Corsair HX850

Solution

If you're willing to spend that much then the GTX 970 is the best performance per dollar by far. However, if you're only at 1080p it's going to be overkill. You may want to consider saving up for a little bit in order to upgrade your screen as well as your graphics card. Purchasing a GTX 970 now would make sense if you were planning on upgrading your screen before the next Nvidia/AMD refreshes.

If you're willing to spend that much then the GTX 970 is the best performance per dollar by far. However, if you're only at 1080p it's going to be overkill. You may want to consider saving up for a little bit in order to upgrade your screen as well as your graphics card. Purchasing a GTX 970 now would make sense if you were planning on upgrading your screen before the next Nvidia/AMD refreshes.

Solution