Question Looking for someone that owns or has used the ThermalTake Core P8 TG - I have some questions and there are hardly any good reviews about this case

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Looking for someone that owns or has experience with the Core P8 TG as I have a few questions I'm hoping someone could help me with, please.
  1. I've seen hardly anyone that has mentioned wall mounting it, except for a couple of reviews on Newegg or Amazon that claim the wall mount bracket is very flimsy and couldn't hold the case on its own let alone when it's full of hardware and water cooling. Has anyone got any experience wall mounting this thing?
  2. What is the realistic usable height inside the case to the right of the motherboard where reservoirs would go? I'm trying to work out if it would house 450mm reservoirs with a radiator at the top.
  3. On the bottom, I can see that you can mount the radiator and fans on the inside but can you mount a radiator on the bottom under the case with the fans on the inside to minimize the space taken up inside the case
Would really appreciate some info from people that have used the case. Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
I don't own the case but I have worked with a lot of Thermaltake's gear
1| I would try and do a dry run with the VESA wall mount. There's a video on YT that shows the case to sit flush with the wall it's mounted to.
2| How thick is the radiator you're eyeing? Reservoir's make and model?
3| The dust filter will impede anything being mounted under the case but I'm sure you can get a slim radiator under the case, between the case's feet/base and the bottom of the case internal.

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I don't own the case but I have worked with a lot of Thermaltake's gear
1| I would try and do a dry run with the VESA wall mount. There's a video on YT that shows the case to sit flush with the wall it's mounted to.
2| How thick is the radiator you're eyeing? Reservoir's make and model?
3| The dust filter will impede anything being mounted under the case but I'm sure you can get a slim radiator under the case, between the case's feet/base and the bottom of the case internal.

Appreciate the reply, thank you.

My issue is because of the country I now live in, buying any type of decent computer hardware is near impossible so I have to order it from Germany, UK, and US which costs a fortune for shipping, as an example this case the shipping costs as much as the case itself.
So I'm very reluctant to order anything until I know for absolutely sure it's going to be suitable as returning things is also very difficult here.

I need a case that can stand under a desk is a normal case for a few months until my decorating is finished and then it can be wall mounted, so this is about the only case I've ever seen that has both options without heavy modification.

The radiators I would be going for would be EK Surface P420s, they are 44mm thick. I couldn't find any sort of schematic that lists the exact dimensions not just the total size but things like the height of the feet, the gap underneath, that type of thing.

Lutfij

Titan
is also very difficult here
Where would here be? You sure you don't have a local importer/distributor for Thermaltake gear?

You could look into a Wall Mount pegboard system with the shelf attachment and then have your case resting on it...? Or fabricate brackets made out of steel/alloy that hook to the wall and the case rests on said brackets.

would be EK Surface P420s, they are 44mm thick. I couldn't find any sort of schematic that lists the exact dimensions not just the total size but things like the height of the feet

You mean this:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-surface-s420-black
?

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Where would here be?
Bulgaria, I moved here a couple of years ago for a new career.
To give you an idea, the largest and best PC store in the city close to me just a couple of years ago when I moved here was still advertising and selling Intel core 2 Duo CPUs, And the best GPU they had was around 4 generations old and entry-level less than $100 but the sale price was equivalent to $200.

You could look into a Wall Mount pegboard system with the shelf attachment and then have your case resting on it...? Or fabricate brackets made out of steel/alloy that hook to the wall and the case rests on said brackets.
I will likely make some sort of bracket to go on the back of the case on the Vesa mount and then attach it to the wall via French cleats or similar so it can be easily lifted off but also I can spread the weight out over a bigger space.
My main concern was the few reports I could find about people that try to wall mount it and mentioned that the actual mounting part of the chassis was very flimsy.
If it is and it's gonna require quite a lot of modification to improve it and make it more sturdy, That's my concern as I'm working 80+ hours a week which is why am buying this case rather than what my plan was to build something myself, I simply just don't have the time.

Yes, those.