[SOLVED] looking for something that competes with this graphics card but is a bit cheaper

ushyisbest

Prominent
Aug 1, 2022
We are looking for something that can compete with this graphics card and is a bit cheaper ASRock Challenger D Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB Video Card

Solution
Well, a used 5700 XT or used 2060/2060 Super will compete with it, but those are naturally going to be riskier. It's not really cheaper, you're just paying some of the cost in risk instead of cash.

Outside of that, not really. AMD generally makes the less expensive GPU in terms of performance per dollar.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well, a used 5700 XT or used 2060/2060 Super will compete with it, but those are naturally going to be riskier. It's not really cheaper, you're just paying some of the cost in risk instead of cash.

Outside of that, not really. AMD generally makes the less expensive GPU in terms of performance per dollar.

Solution
Sep 10, 2022

In Aus 6600 XT new cost around 40-50 AUD less than 6700 XT which makes anything less than 6700xt sounds overpriced. in the US too, they are like $30-40 different if I were OP I may actually just do some extra work, say lawnmowing the neighbour backyard just for an hour, and get myself 6700xt LOL. That's how close the price between the two for 30-40% more performance, power.

Checked newegg, 6600xt cost $340-350, 6700xt cost $380-400.

Last edited:
The elephant in the room may be the Intel A770:

I expect prices to become very competitive in this price range soon.
If you are buying used on ebay, look for individual sellers who are upgrading their graphics card and just want to get some value back.
Professional sellers will have higher prices.
Of course, use due diligence and check feedback.
Pay only with paypal to be protected.

Reactions: KyaraM