Question Looking for the Fastest Formatted PS5 2TB SSDs and most Durable/Dependable ?

loganmason

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
Hopefully I can get some help. Thanks in advance. I'm looking at the WD Black sn850X, Corsair MP600 Pro LPX,NextStorage and Kingston Fury Renegade. The 850X with heatsink is on sale for 142.99 right now and the MP600 Pro LPX is at 124.99 right now. I believe that both come with a 5 year warranty and from what I've gathered both after PS5 Format are around 6500MB. I also have thought about the Kingston Fury renegade as well, which is on sale for 129.99 right now at Kingston. The Nextstorage 2TB is on sale for 111.00 at Newegg right now and I believe does around 6500 after PS5 Format . Does anyone have that avg ? That would be helpful. Anyways all the input and opinions I can get back would be much appreciated. All of the prices and or selections are with a Pre-installed Heatsink.

Last edited:
I would not put a lot of faith in published specs.

Durable/dependable is speculation. You'll get anecdotes A, B, and C. And probably references to TBW. You decide how much weight to give all of that. Bad luck can overcome you. TBW matters during the warranty period, but the chances of you exceeding TBW is extremely small.

When cloud back up providers are using SSDs for storage, that should tell you how much confidence they have that the SSDs will last long enough that the cost of replacing them due to wearing them out isn't going to wring their revenue dry.

So don't worry about it.

Hopefully I can get some help. Thanks in advance. I'm looking at the WD Black sn850X, Corsair MP600 Pro LPX,NextStorage and Kingston Fury Renegade. The 850X with heatsink is on sale for 142.99 right now and the MP600 Pro LPX is at 124.99 right now. I believe that both come with a 5 year warranty and from what I've gathered both after PS5 Format are around 6500MB. I also have thought about the Kingston Fury renegade as well, which is on sale for 129.99 right now at Kingston. The Nextstorage 2TB is on sale for 111.00 at Newegg right now and I believe does around 6500 after PS5 Format . Does anyone have that avg ? That would be helpful. Anyways all the input and opinions I can get back would be much appreciated. All of the prices and or selections are with a Pre-installed Heatsink.
For gaming I would consider the Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus-G SSD but I don't know what the price would be where you are and their heatsink is kind of expensive.