Looking for upgrade advice

bryan2k5

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
I'm not very computer hardware savvy, I usually stick to console gaming, so please forgive me if I ask a dumb question or two. :)

I'm looking to get into a game called Dead by Daylight. It has the following recommended requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4170 or AMD FX-8300 or higher
RAM: 8 GB RAM
GPU: DX11 Compatible GeForce with 2GB or RAM or AMD HD 7800 or higher

I currently have:

CPU: 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
RAM: 6GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

Now, I know I lack the extra 2GB, which isn't an issue, I will purchase that. Just wondering mainly about my CPU. I know it may be hard to say without actually trying the game with my current setup. Would you think I need to upgrade my CPU and my motherboard to run this game? Or is there a chance I could run it with just adding some RAM?

Again, sorry for being a newb. Just hoping someone with first hand knowledge could give me some advice :) Thank you.

bryan2k5

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
A person in my area is selling an i5-3570 with motherboard and 16GB of RAM for 275.00 american. I don't really want to be spending over 400.00 Canadian on upgrades right now. Any opinions?

newbjumper

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016

Sorry for not replying for a few days, I was studying for exams >.>

Depending on your other parts (especially your motherboard, you may want to just save up your money for a better pc, because those parts + other components.

What are your full specs?