Question looking for upgrades on a budget

shayn100

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2016
i currently have
I5 10400F cpu
ASRock H470M-ITX/AC Supports 10th Gen Intel Core processors (Socket 1200) motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB Kit DDR4 3200MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB,
2.5tb ssd

what would be good upgrades for this system. im a student so would buy parts one by one, could anyone recommend new parts for upgrades?
playing mainly games like rust,gw2,valorant

DavidM012

Distinguished
PowerCool isn't on the PSU tier list - searching the forums reveals this thread - garbage quality.

The most budget PSU I know that you could probably get away with is a Tier C 650w Evga GQ .

This chart is a bit less stringent than the PSU Tier list once you read between the lines but it does offer a fairly comprehensive list of GPUs.

What you can buy today new probably an rx 6600 is a worthwhile upgrade from a 1060 3gb for example: Comparison on GPU monkey

However there isn't a lot in between unless you can get a second hand rx 5700 but people around here generally prefer to avoid the second hand gpu minefield of ex mining cards or limited to non-existent warranties and so on - you could get anything maybe a rx 580 is better than a 3gb 1060, or a 1660 super - can you get anything good at 'budget' pssh gpus and budget lately haven't been synonyms.

I think iGPu's on some cpus like the 5600g is about the level of a 1050 or 1060 anyway don't know all the details only whenever I look at the market I see £300 entry level cards or £100-£250 second hand cards.

The days when you could get a real 'budget' card like an r7 270 for under £75 are history - 2 of 'em in xFire was just about enough to run some games think I played elite dangerous on them years ago but it wasn't great.

Reactions: shayn100