Looking into possibly upgrading my GPU need some Advice

zoobadinga

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
I have a GTX 1060 atm, which is a fine card, but its been having issues lately so im in the market for a new one, and, as I am about to have the budget for upgrading from tax refunds, I Wanted to poke around and see if its worth upgrading. ..
Desktop computer. Specs are:
MSI Nvidia GTx Geforce 1060
Ryzen 7 1800X,
Corasiar Vengence 16 GB DDR4,
Asrock Taichi X370
750W PSU
I was originally going to get a 1080, but the 1080 has skyrocketed in price to the point where its cheaper to get a 2070. I've made the mistake of getting a 1060 and its been plagued with problems. So i've learned from my mistake and decided to ask about anything negative or any other relevant information regarding the 2070 before i jump the gun again. So I have a couple questions:

1 Does the 2070 have any major problems or bugs I should know about?

2 Would I have enough power to run a 2070 without buying a new PSU?

3 if anyone has the new 2070 and care to share any negative experiences with me, please do so as it will help in my decision

and finally, the most important question: What brand should I go with? I don't exactly trust MSI after I had such a rough experience with their 1060.
Things I do:
Picture Editing
Heavy Rendering (I've heard the RTX series is really good at this)
Heavy Video Editing
Heavy Streaming and Recording Video Games
Watch streams and videos on 720 p
Play games at least on High.

Any kind of thing you can give me will help me decide what to do. Thank you!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't think you understand how it works.
There is no "issues" with any GPU initially, any hardware problems will come from the specific unit you purchased and is not the case for ALL of that cards units around the world.

Whatever issues you are having with your 1060 could either be the hardware or it could just be software related such as the drivers, or your operating system.

Please tell us what issues you are having with your GPU and maybe we can help you fixing the problem.

But in regards to a new GPU, that just comes down to what you are willing to spend and what kind of performance you are looking to get. This is then followed by your choice in aesthetics for choosing a card.

zoobadinga

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

ive given up trying to fix the 1060. i am replacing it regardless. been to multiple forums for almost a month. just simply wanting info before i decide to upgrade this time.