[SOLVED] Looking to Build a New PC

Rivical

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
Hey everyone, I was looking for some help on a new pc build today. I already have a GTX 1070 4 GB vram GPU. I need to replace everything else however. My mobo is outdated along with my cpu and ram. I want to upgrade to 16 GB of ram. A good sized and faster SSD. I could probably go for a new PSU its like 6-7 years old if not older. So yeah you get the gist of it. I need to replace everything except my GPU. I dont really need help with case recommendations, i will decide that on my own, but if you want to include one anyways then that is fine. The case could end up being awesome enough to change my mind haha. Anyways thank you for y'alls time!

Solution
So I've been looking at CPUs and I've been thinking about getting the "Intel i9-9900K Coffee Lake 3.6Hz 8-Core Processor". I was hoping to stream along with gaming and this seems like a pretty solid choice.
I would pass on the i9-9900K, simply because Intel should be releasing a new generation of i7s in a matter of weeks that will offer the same core and thread count and similar clock rates to the current i9s. An unlocked i7-10700K or KF should provide a very similar level of performance within the $350-$400 price range, somewhere around $150 less than what the 9900K currently costs, and the locked i7-10700 and 10700F should perform close to that level as well, for even less. They will need new motherboards as well though, so...

Rivical

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
So I've been looking at CPUs and I've been thinking about getting the "Intel i9-9900K Coffee Lake 3.6Hz 8-Core Processor". I was hoping to stream along with gaming and this seems like a pretty solid choice (I'm open to using AMD processors too, i remember reading a while back about how amazing their new ones are). For the RAM I was considering the "Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4-3200MHz". I love Corsair products and I've had my eye on this RAM for a while. The reason i went from 16GB to 32GB is that I noticed it was too big of a price jump and I'd feel safer with the extra 16GB for the price. I have no idea about what MOBO I would want (I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to motherboards). I am also fairly ignorant on SSDs, so i'm sure of where to go in that section along with an HDD for excess storage (as in not games and windows 10).

Last edited:
So I've been looking at CPUs and I've been thinking about getting the "Intel i9-9900K Coffee Lake 3.6Hz 8-Core Processor". I was hoping to stream along with gaming and this seems like a pretty solid choice.
I would pass on the i9-9900K, simply because Intel should be releasing a new generation of i7s in a matter of weeks that will offer the same core and thread count and similar clock rates to the current i9s. An unlocked i7-10700K or KF should provide a very similar level of performance within the $350-$400 price range, somewhere around $150 less than what the 9900K currently costs, and the locked i7-10700 and 10700F should perform close to that level as well, for even less. They will need new motherboards as well though, so it would be hard for anyone to make meaningful motherboard recommendations for them quite yet.

Solution

Rivical

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
I would pass on the i9-9900K, simply because Intel should be releasing a new generation of i7s in a matter of weeks that will offer the same core and thread count and similar clock rates to the current i9s. An unlocked i7-10700K or KF should provide a very similar level of performance within the $350-$400 price range, somewhere around $150 less than what the 9900K currently costs, and the locked i7-10700 and 10700F should perform close to that level as well, for even less. They will need new motherboards as well though, so it would be hard for anyone to make meaningful motherboard recommendations for them quite yet.
Thanks a lot for the response! I'll be sure to wait on those if I decide to go that route. Do you happen to know anything about the newer AMD cpus that came out?