Looking to buy a cheap LGA1155 motherboard

Beleg_Jr

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Looking to buy a cheap LGA1155 motherboard that can fit a fullsize gpu without covering up the Sata ports. The rig currently has a Gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2L with a x4 945, gtx 670, SSD & 8gb ram. I got an i5-3550 laying around that I was looking to use...

I've been scavaging Ebay for Dell motherboards, and the boards from Optiplex 790 looks promising... There are two types, they have different positions of the sataports, I'm not sure if it the dell motherboard will fit my case, and will the dell motherboards be able to use an ATX poweresupply or do I need an adapter?

edit: and I'd prefer 4dim slots, since thats what ddr3 ram I've got laying around

Hi

The problem with many Dell motherboards is the cables from case to motherboard are non standard

eg front USB 2, power switch, power on LED & hard disk LED, audio in & out.

Look at the Dell service manual for the Optiplex 790 to see what was standard or non standard.

regards
Mike Barnes

Beleg_Jr

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016

That I'm aware of, and I've got a solution for that, I was thinking more like how much larger the dell board is compared to the old am2, but I think it will fit ;)

I'm more concerned that the fullsize gtx 670 will block off the sataports, and I'm not sure if an angled sata cable will fit under the gpu...