Looking to buy a new APU around 8,000 INR

Shabana_1

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
My current APU is an AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad Core and I am not quite sure that whether I should go for a new APU or not,because if I do I'll have to buy a new motherboard too. I have been seeing all these new APUs coming in the market lately like, AMD Ryzen and all so that's kinda made me question my current APU. Well, I mostly use my PC for gaming and I wanna play the upcoming games too, so I want to know whether my current APU will be able to handle it or not and whether I should go in for a new APU or not and if I need to then which one should I go for?

Shabana_1

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015

It's a Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 Socket LGA 1151. But if I need to buy a new APU then I am ready to buy a new motherboard for the AM4 platform if it's Ryzen which I'll buy.

Shabana_1

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015

I am so sorry!!
It's this one and I am positive Gigabyte Motherboard A68HM-S1
But I just realized that if I want to buy AMD Ryzen (any model), first I'll have to buy a motherboard with an AM4 socket to support the APU and I am CURRENTLY using a Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 ram and since all motherboards which support AMD Ryzen, they only support DDR4 rams, so on top of that I'll have to buy a DDR4 ram! That's too much money for me.

Shabana_1

Reputable
Nov 1, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Shabana_1 : "Upgrade my APU"

I am currently using a AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz processor and I am thinking of upgrading my APU. I need suggestions for a new APU. I currently have a GIGABYTE motherboard with a FM2/FM2+ socket that supports DDR3 rams. I previously thought of upgrading to AMD Ryzen 3 1200 but I've learnt that it requires an AM4 socket so I would have to buy a new motherboard for it which is not the real problem here. The real problem is that all motherboard that have an AM4 socket only support DDR4 rams so I would have to buy new rams on top of that which will prove to be pretty costly for me. So shall I upgrade my APU to a better one, since I want to play the upcoming games which will potentially require better builds or my current APU will be enough?
This is my PC rig:
Motherboard - Gigabyte A68HM-S1
Processor - AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz
RAM - Kingston HyperX (2X4GB) DDR3 1866 MHz
GPU - ZOTAC GEFORCE® GTX 1050 TI OC EDITION 4GB GDDR5