Question Looking to buy a new cpu!

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Hey guys im looking to buy a new cpu and was wondering what you recommend!

Looking for a intel cpu unless someone can explain why i should get amd instead.

Budget is around £300 but the cheaper the better if any are cheaper and really good.

Lastly will be used for playing games like pubg, Apex and csgo while being able to handle 2 monitors /streaming/youtubing or watching twitch.

Need any more info just ask thanks :)

EDIT: socket doesnt matter as i will be buying a new motherboard to cater to that cpu.

Sounds like the core of a new system.

AMD's value proposition is generally better than Intel's especially if you do more than just gaming. For pure gaming then Intel is still a good choice. Personally would propose a Ryzen 5 3600 as a starting point (and see what others think), though the Ryzen 7 3700X would also fit that budget.

Would suggest you post your entire budget with what you need to get. Resident builders can then make the relevant build suggestions.

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Sounds like the core of a new system.

AMD's value proposition is generally better than Intel's especially if you do more than just gaming. For pure gaming then Intel is still a good choice. Personally would propose a Ryzen 5 3600 as a starting point (and see what others think), though the Ryzen 7 3700X would also fit that budget.

Would suggest you post your entire budget with what you need to get. Resident builders can then make the relevant build suggestions.

Well i was thinking about £300 for cpu, £100 for motherboard and £100 for ram? Sounds pretty reasonable?

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017

Thanks dude might buy these 3, anyone else have any other suggestions or does this setup look pretty solid for my budget? Im also rocking a gtx 1060 6gb ssc right now and was wondering if that will be fine for now until i upgrade to a rtx?

Would say that's a solid choice. 3700X with 2c/4t more than the 3600 which will help in multitasking and heavily threaded workloads.
Motherboard should be compatible out of the box (Buildzoid thinks well of the MSI B450 motherboards, I think).
And 3600MHz is the sweet spot for RAM for the Ryzen 3000 series.