Question Looking to buy a new laptop <1000EUR

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
What are you going to do with your laptop?
I will be using this laptop for school work and gaming.

What is your budget?
Preferably under 1000 euros.

Do you plan to take your laptop with you a lot?
Yes, sometimes I would like to take it with me.

Do you have any specific (brand) preferences?
No, not really, although I had already found a certain laptop at a competitive price: namely Lenovo Legion 5 ACH6H 82JU009SMB-Gaming

Is this currently a good laptop in terms of price/performance ratio?
Does this have good cooling? Its battery is not that good, but that is to be expected, especially with a gaming laptop? Can I do just about anything with these specs?

If it is not so good, which laptop do you recommend me?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

So, it's a decently specced laptop for gaming.

Pros:
Cool enough CPU. Ryzen 5600h is a strong gamer, and runs quite cool too (You will still have hot laptop :)
16gb Ram out of the box is nice. A lot still only come with 8gbs, which is shocking in this day and age.

Cons:
Only 512gb SSD. Again this is shocking. with many games hitting 80gb installs, 512 doesn't last long without having to consciously monitoring storage.

120hz Screen is okay. The norm for this level laptop would be 144hz. Still, 120hz will still be nice and smooth.

In terms of the battery and how long it lasts. You are correct. Hardly a gaming laptop out there doesn't suffer with poor battery run time. Its standard fare and to be expected.

Regarding the specific model and it's cooling system, I can't say. But the CPU runs cooler than Intel similar, so should be okay. You will prob get a lot of fan noise when playing games. This is to be expected.

To consider:

Laptop cooling Pad - This will raise the rear of your laptop and allow more air underneath to go through the cooling system, and keep CPU and internals cooler.

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Hey there,

So, it's a decently specced laptop for gaming.

Pros:
Cool enough CPU. Ryzen 5600h is a strong gamer, and runs quite cool too (You will still have hot laptop :)
16gb Ram out of the box is nice. A lot still only come with 8gbs, which is shocking in this day and age.

Cons:
Only 512gb SSD. Again this is shocking. with many games hitting 80gb installs, 512 doesn't last long without having to consciously monitoring storage.

120hz Screen is okay. The norm for this level laptop would be 144hz. Still, 120hz will still be nice and smooth.

In terms of the battery and how long it lasts. You are correct. Hardly a gaming laptop out there doesn't suffer with poor battery run time. Its standard fare and to be expected.

Regarding the specific model and it's cooling system, I can't say. But the CPU runs cooler than Intel similar, so should be okay. You will prob get a lot of fan noise when playing games. This is to be expected.

To consider:

Laptop cooling Pad - This will raise the rear of your laptop and allow more air underneath to go through the cooling system, and keep CPU and internals cooler.
Hmm I see thankyou very much for your response. Is there any other good laptop that has some more storage in the pricerange of <1000 Euros. Or is there any other laptop you'd recommend that was better in this case price/performance wise?