Looking to sell my gaming PC. Need advice for sale price?

May 19, 2019
Hey,

I'm from Canada, and I haven't had time to game in a long while, while my PC is just collecting dust. I was wondering with my computer specs, what I should be asking when selling? I understand I will not get anywhere near to what I put into it, but, I don't want to price it too low either.

Specs include.

Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti
Intel Core, i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, Quad Core
Asus Maximus IX Hero Motherboard
16 GB of RAM
Octane 250GB SSD
HGST 4 TB harddrive
ROG PG279Q 144Hz Monitor

I'm not well versed in computers, so let me know if you need to know anything else. Any advice would be appreciated!

It's a little difficult to say for sure. A lot could depend on how you intend to sell it (online, locally) and what people are willing to pay for pre-owned high-end gaming hardware in your area. It's still a fairly high-end system, after all.

The most valuable component there would be the graphics card. The price of graphics cards with 1080 Ti-level performance haven't really dropped that much since that card was introduced, and it's still among the fastest graphics cards available, though being used would cut a couple hundred dollars or so off its value. And the monitor is likely the second most valuable component. You left out some details like what kind of CPU cooler, case and power supply the system has though.

Judging by ebay prices for pre-owned hardware, maybe roughly around CAD $2000 including the screen if you can find the right buyer. Maybe less if you can't. It might be best to not price it too low initially though, and only reduce the price if you can't find anyone willing to pay more.

Reactions: coastie65