[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade cpu and mobo within the next year or two.

tbarzee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2019
Here is my setup at the moment, aiming for an ATX mini setup.

MoBo: MSI B250m Bazooka
CPU: i7-7700K
PSU: Seasonic 550 Watt 80+ Gold
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti
Storage: 128gb M.2, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAX GTE air cooler

My performance has been held back a bit due to this MoBo but i was figuring i just aim for a full cpu mobo upgrade since the next set of chipsets have come out. I currently use my pc primarily for gaming and i was wondering if it is a better idea to aim for the LGA1200 chipsets or should i just switch to ryzen and snag a Ryzen 9 3950x? I hear that developers are trying to utilize more cores so I'm a bit stumped on which direction to head.

Solution
A year or two from now will be much different part recommendations then what would be recommended today.

Spec wise the system should offer some good 1080P or 1440P gaming performance, what game(s) is it struggling with?
Here is my setup at the moment, aiming for an ATX mini setup.

MoBo: MSI B250m Bazooka
CPU: i7-7700K
PSU: Seasonic 550 Watt 80+ Gold
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti
Storage: 128gb M.2, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAX GTE air cooler

My performance has been held back a bit due to this MoBo but i was figuring i just aim for a full cpu mobo upgrade since the next set of chipsets have come out. I currently use my pc primarily for gaming and i was wondering if it is a better idea to aim for the LGA1200 chipsets or should i just switch to ryzen and snag a Ryzen 9 3950x? I hear that developers are trying to utilize more cores so I'm a bit stumped on which direction to head.
so im quessing you want your build to look something like this???
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QqGHgJ