[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade CPU cooler to be quite! Shadow Rock 3

Jul 20, 2020
I'm looking to upgrade the stock CPU cooler that came with the Ryzen 5 3600 to be quite! Shadow Rock 3. I have a ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard with TForce Delta RGB DDR4 memory that, according to the specs on the website, are 47mm tall.

My questions are, will the Shadow Rock 3 cooler clear the memory? If it won't clear, any other CPU cooler option that are similar in price and performance to the Shadow Rock 3?

Solution
Lol, it looks big. That's funny. 🤣 You should see the Deepcool Assassin 3 or Noctua NH-D15 or Raijintek Nemesis or even the beQuiet Darkrock 4 Pro. Those are truly massive. Take up every square mm between the top of the motherboard and the gpu, overhang most ram slots and stop a few mm shy of the rear exhaust fan. As well as being @ 170mm ± tall.

MITX motherboard, NH-D15 cooler. MITX is 6"x6"

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Lol, it looks big. That's funny. 🤣 You should see the Deepcool Assassin 3 or Noctua NH-D15 or Raijintek Nemesis or even the beQuiet Darkrock 4 Pro. Those are truly massive. Take up every square mm between the top of the motherboard and the gpu, overhang most ram slots and stop a few mm shy of the rear exhaust fan. As well as being @ 170mm ± tall.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

Jesus christ. looking at that pic gives me anxiety. I feel like I'm going to shudder when installing my dark rock pro 4 in two months time.