Question Looking to upgrade from a 1070ti

Nov 15, 2023
Hi guys

I’m currently looking to upgrade my 1070ti to a new gpu. I live in a region where my options aren’t great with gpu selection. I have a R5 5600x cpu. My current options are the 4060 for around 520$ , 3070/ti (if available but similar price) for 725$or 4060ti 16gb for around 740$. Gpu prices are pretty crazy in my country. I mainly play competitive fps shooters but I do enjoy story games but I’ve noticed the new titles struggle a lot on my 1070ti. I want to try stay around 80fps in newer titles. What would you guys suggest I get. I play 1080p. The system has 32gb 3400 ram and a 600w power supply. I am leaning towards the 4060 due to the price but not sure if that would be worth the upgrade. Many thanks

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023
What's your motherboard?

Are AMD's prices also bad where you are?

Specifics regarding the PSU would be helpful here as some cards would be an extra bad idea on a bad one.
I’m running a b550 mb and it’s a cosair600w power supply. Will most likely upgrade the psu regardless of which card I will get. Unfortunately all gpu prices are pretty high in my country due to import fees but in the Amd space there are 7700xt for around the 700$ mark. I know the prices are super high compared to other places but that’s all that is available in my country. If I only plan on playing 1080p would it be necessary for me to get the 16gb version of the 4060ti or would the 8gb version be sufficient?

Nov 15, 2023
I’m running a b550 mb and it’s a cosair600w power supply. Will most likely upgrade the psu regardless of which card I will get. Unfortunately all gpu prices are pretty high in my country due to import fees but in the Amd space there are 7700xt for around the 700$ mark. I know the prices are super high compared to other places but that’s all that is available in my country. If I only plan on playing 1080p would it be necessary for me to get the 16gb version of the 4060ti or would the 8gb version be sufficient?
We also have 3060 for around the 475$ range so that could be an option if you don’t think it’s worth paying extra for 4060/4060ti

B550 is good that means you shouldn't be limited by lower PCIe lane count cards since it supports PCIe 4.0 (4060 and 4060 Ti are both x8 instead of x16).

Depending on which PSU model it is that could be a good one.

Both 4060 cards are pretty bad deals, but the 4060 Ti is much worse in your case. Even with that high price it seems like AMD may very well be the better deal.

Tom's GPU Heirarchy is usually my first look just to see where cards fall performance wise and you can compare relative price. A 4060 is likely to be somewhere around 50-60% faster than what you currently have.

Reactions: MarkCarrillo

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
*Which* Corsair 600W PSU? If we're talking the old Corsair CX 600W with the green letters on the label, consider PSU upgrade a *must* to do. Being specific is really important with computer hardware.

Latest posts