Question Looks Like I Offended The Digital Gods in 2022...............

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
bros.........................😭😭

1) i unmounted my microSD card in phone..............shut off phone then took out the microSD card..........but when i put it back in the phone - the card now not detected despite multiple attempts...............o_O

2) then my 2.5inch Hitachi HDD can't be powered up when put in external enclosure all of a sudden..............but it works when connected to PC via USB to SATA adapter............again, tried several times already........:??::??:

3) by the way, if i put my 2.5inch SSD in external enclosure and connected via USB to PC all the time (24/7) - will it reduce the lifespan of the SSD ?:unsure:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
bros.........................😭😭

1) i unmounted my microSD card in phone..............shut off phone then took out the microSD card..........but when i put it back in the phone - the card now not detected despite multiple attempts...............o_O

2) then my 2.5inch Hitachi HDD can't be powered up when put in external enclosure all of a sudden..............but it works when connected to PC via USB to SATA adapter............again, tried several times already........:??::??:

3) by the way, if i put my 2.5inch SSD in external enclosure and connected via USB to PC all the time (24/7) - will it reduce the lifespan of the SSD ?:unsure:
I suggest starting a separate thread for each individual question. It will help those who respond to be able to address the specific issue as the first two questions are unrelated.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ssd only uses 5v. Hdd uses both 5v and 12v. Usb is 5v. If the 5v-12v has gone bunk, then the ssd will work, the controller and circuitry in the hdd will work, but the motors won't as they use 12v.

The only thing reduced by permanently using USB enclosure for ssd is bandwidth. It'll be somewhat slower than direct pc connect.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Ssd only uses 5v. Hdd uses both 5v and 12v. Usb is 5v. If the 5v-12v has gone bunk, then the ssd will work, the controller and circuitry in the hdd will work, but the motors won't as they use 12v.

The only thing reduced by permanently using USB enclosure for ssd is bandwidth. It'll be somewhat slower than direct pc connect.

many thanks indeed for the detailed info............. (y)

so the fault lies with the enclosure........and wouldn't be the USB cable or the USB port on the motherboard then ?:unsure: