Loose Graphic card and graphic card slot

Usman_15

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Guy i am really facing a probelm i started my computer after 2 months before 2 months there was summer season i mean not really cool but when i started my computer in winter it started for the first time and shutted down by it self i started it again and it didnt show me anything on screen just all the fans are spinning and nothing is showing on screen except no signal i can hear computer starting beep but nothing on screen i found a way to fix this but its only temporary ...... my solution is i mix salt in water and take a cotton bud make it wet and rub on golden area of graphic card and its works fine for only one time i want a permanant solution for this probelm Need Help :( i think it is cuz of winter season ..... :(

Ramlethal

Estimable
you should actually swap ports... If you are using DVI try using HDMI instead or if you are using HDMI use or Display port or DVI... That should actually fix the problem...

Also also...
Where do you live? Whats the average room temps in winter and summer ?

Usman_15

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

thats what google says about my city : Lahore: Annual Weather Averages. June is the hottest month in Lahore with an average temperature of 32°C (90°F) and the coldest is January at 14°C (56°F). The wettest month is September with an average of 70mm of rain.

and i dont know about swapping ports there is only 1 black slot for graphic card others are like that but not really compatible i think ...

Usman_15

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

i think its dvi that im using and i cant use hdmi as there is nothing like that on my gpu .. i googled the port pics
The main problem is slot where the golden thing of gpu is inserted not the slot where the cable is connected .. i googled ot found that my card uses PCI-Express x16 slot and there is only 1 slot like that in my motherboard :(