Loot Drop is John Romero's New Game Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
But unlike the other studios founded with Hall, Loop Drop will focus on social gaming.

Loop Drop, nice but I guess that is not the correct name. Please proof-read before posting a news.

Most social network game are so time consuming and boring. At least if they were entertaining...

davidgrenier

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
I just hate to have to log on to TomsHardware to post a comment... but I just hate Romero so much I had to do it...

The guy's been surfing on his past glory for over a decade now, I also noticed how he recently did a "Doom post-mortem" to get some visibility again. I think it's quite time he gets cut of fundings. Last I know the un-anounced MMO he had started with Slipgate Ironworks who later turned out to be acquired by Gazillion Entertainment got canned as well.

Has anyone but himself made any money off from the projects he's worked on since 1993?

I mean, how many startup like that which didn't deliver has he started since he left Id? I'm pretty sure someone could find Carmack's old statement online about Romero, how he was lazy and hardly came into work. Even when he was at Id he was surfing on his colleagues backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.