Lords of the Fallen won't play and says it has stopped working before starting

whiskey187

Honorable
Jan 28, 2015
Looking for an expert's assistance with getting Lords of the Fallen to work. I bought it digitally and put the code into steam. The game downloads fine, but when I try to play it, it says it has stopped working. I have all the technical specifications and it does meet the graphic intensive game. I have a Sapphire R9 270X 4 GB GDDR5 graphics card. I have tried to turn off the cloud in steam and no luck. I tried to make the game windowed, run as an administrator, changed the 3d graphics so they aren't auto selected, deleted and re-installed the game, tried a patch, disabled the intro video of the game, but still no luck. I have reached out to the seller, steam, and CI Games. Steam and CI Games never responded. I am trying to figure out what to do. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and have the an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz 64-bit operating system with 12 GBs of RAM. Please let me know if anyone can help or what I can do to solve the issue. Thanks for your time.

Todd

jafrankl

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Run a verification of the game file integrity, there could be a file not getting downloaded, even though steam says it finished 100%. Remove all command inputs for the startup. If you have any mods, remove them before playing the first time.

whiskey187

Honorable
Jan 28, 2015

Appreciate your response. Thank you. i will try that tonight. Thankfully no mods have been applied. :)

whiskey187

Honorable
Jan 28, 2015
I am still trying to get it to work. I did try the above recommendations, but still same results. Also, I have just moved it to the C: drive which is my main drive with x86. Before, I had it on my secondary drive (D:drive). I will see if that makes a difference.