[SOLVED] Lost my files from the other drive while cloning

Oct 28, 2019
Earlier this day I got my ssd and since I have 2 hardrives I removed the one with 500gb with all of my files so that my files and games will not be deleted so then whats left on my pc was just the os on the 160gb hdd and the 120gb ssd then I used minitool partition wizard to move my is to the ssd and when the os was successfuly moved I placed back my 500gb hdd where all my games and files were stored but when I turned on the pc i went to "This PC" not finding my 500gb hdd but it is available on task manager and it says that i havent used it and no files are stored pls help thanks for the help and reading this thread🙂
rig:
i5 3450 3.1mhz
6gb ddr3 1600mhz
120gb ssd
500gb hdd(the one)
gtx 960 inno3d 2gb ddr5

Solution
but it is available on task manager

So your computer see's it that's good.

Go to your control panel to Administrative Tools, Computer Management, on the left click Disk Management. Does your 500GB hard Drive have a DRIVE letter. AND DON'T FORMAT YOUR DRIVE I'm only asking you if it has a drive letter.

If not right click in the box for your Hard Drive and give it a DRIVE letter ..........BUT DON'T FORMAT YOUR DRIVE.

If this was your issue drive will work as normal.

USAFRet

Titan
Not sure exactly what you did with the clone thing, but a drive that was actually unplugged during that process did not lose anything.

Can you return the system back to original operating condition?
Please list ALL the drives involved here.

but it is available on task manager

Go to your control panel to Administrative Tools, Computer Management, on the left click Disk Management. Does your 500GB hard Drive have a DRIVE letter. AND DON'T FORMAT YOUR DRIVE I'm only asking you if it has a drive letter.

If not right click in the box for your Hard Drive and give it a DRIVE letter ..........BUT DON'T FORMAT YOUR DRIVE.

Solution
Oct 28, 2019

It worked!

Oct 28, 2019

now that this is fixed I dont know how to recover my games back to steam Lol can I have some help?

Just install Steam and direct steam to look for your Games on whatever Drive " Letter " you made it and where you already have steam games " folder name" . Now here you will have to on your steam page right click each game and tell it to install. Steam will start to install than see you have game files already than it just goes through found files and than your back in business.

But you have to do it for each game one at a time.

If anyone knows how to do it faster i'm open.

USAFRet

Titan
now that this is fixed I dont know how to recover my games back to steam Lol can I have some help?
If you can locate the actual Steam library on the old drive, just tell the Steam client where that is.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

( a proper clone operation should not have resulted like this)

TRENDING THREADS