[SOLVED] Lots of computer freezing/BSOD please help

Mar 30, 2023
I have been trying to figure this problem out for acouple months now and figured it is time to reach out and see if someone else would be able to help me. I have been running my computer while playing different games and using discord at the same time and I feel like this is only happening when im streaming on discord that my computer crashes. I dont get a normal BSOD , I get abunch of dead/black pixels and everything dies/freezes and I have to force restart my cvomputer with folding the power button for 5 seconds to continue/restart computer.
things I have tried
-disabling discord hardware acceleration
-replaced my power supply, new gpu, new backup power supply for 100W battery back/surge protector
- I dont think my computer is overheating
-im using a bracket to hold the extra long GPU to make sure it is not messing with my pcie slot
-I reformatted awhile ago not sure if it was crashing before or not
-I have updated graphics drivers
I'm not sure what else to provide I have minidumps if that would help anyone?
my computer specs are:
geforce rtx 3060ti
32gbs of ram
2 ssds
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.60 GHz
running on windows 10 pro
PSU - RM750e from corsair
motherboard - Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 (MS-7D42) (U3E1)
I also have liquid cooling for the cpu and 2 fans for air cooling, nothing else connected inside the PC.
mini dump files - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzo7ixw50bnxel3/New folder.rar?dl=0

Last edited:
Solution
GPU Drivers

File: 033023-14187-01.dmp (Mar 30 2023 - 18:03:49)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File: 032523-14093-01.dmp (Mar 26 2023 - 14:23:11)
BugCheck: [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)]
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File: 030123-11921-01.dmp (Mar 2 2023 - 06:01:02)
Probably caused by...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm not sure what else to provide I have minidumps if that would help anyone?

they can't hurt

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

what motherboard?
what else in PC?
What PSU you have now?

Colif

Win 11 Master
GPU Drivers

File: 033023-14187-01.dmp (Mar 30 2023 - 18:03:49)
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File: 032523-14093-01.dmp (Mar 26 2023 - 14:23:11)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File: 030123-11921-01.dmp (Mar 2 2023 - 06:01:02)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: iCUE.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File: 020923-19296-01.dmp (Feb 10 2023 - 07:38:25)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

File: 011723-15406-01.dmp (Jan 18 2023 - 18:03:43)
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: Blitz.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 42 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

normally its not so obvious

report - click run as fiddle to read - probably no need as above tells me its Nvidia drivers on all errors.

Solution
Mar 30, 2023
I used DDU and did a clean gpu and restart and reinstalled my graphics card about a month to two months ago and tried the same steps but this time I downloaded the driver from nvidia and installed while not connected to wifi and hopefully that works and solves this issue :) I downloaded 531.41 from nvidia btw.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its probably not wifi, I asked that before I saw results.

If it continues, try running DDU again but after getting back into normal mode, run windows update. Drivers likely older but more stable than what Nvidia drivers can be sometimes.

Mar 30, 2023
just crashed while watching netflix and thats it, computer froze I was able to continue speaking and transmitting throuhg my microphone to people on discord until it completely went black. same issue :( wasnt streaming on discord this time either. no minidump created for this either :p also windows update shows everything is up to date with a windows 11 installation ready if I want to upgrade.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023
you mentioned wifi might be the issue? in windows event viewer im also getting things like "A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.",and The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet." as an event after the reboot I believe and before im getting things like "
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video25
Error occurred on GPUID: 500

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"
and
"
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video25
CMDre 00000022 00000000 ffffffff 00000001 ffffffff

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"
and those messages and ones similar like it are listed like 100 times if that helps

Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
There are two drivers you have installed that are known to cause BSODs in some circumstances...
Code:
WinRing0x64.sys - Sat Jul 26 16:29:37 2008 (488B26C1).
Many different programs center around WinRing libraries (RealTemp, Corsair Link2, Razer GameBooster, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Fusiontweaker (Google Code), etc)

NTIOLib_X64.sys - Mon Jul 10 04:54:30 2017 (5962DE56).
MSI Afterburner driver. Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger, MSI Smart Utilities. Analysis reveals that they are scattered throughout the filesystem by the installed MSI command utilities.
I would suggest uninstalling these drivers by uninstalling whichever of the tools listed above delivered them.

There are also two other drivers you have installed that quite often cause BSODs...
Code:
EasyAntiCheat.sys   - Wed Apr 28 11:13:04 2021 (60891910)
Easy Anti Cheat Driver (Used to prevent cheating in video games).

vgk.sys - Fri Mar 10 21:16:08 2023 (640B81F8)
Valorant anti-cheat driver (used to prevent cheating in Riot games)
I would suggest uninstalling both of these (vgk.sys is present in at least one of your dumps) and see how things go.

something is wrong with the audio sub system.
(I would disable any audio source that you are not currently using) you might also want to update the to current bios version.

(5 third party audio drivers)
KrispAudio.sys Wed Jul 27 08:00:21 2022
logi_audio_surround.sys Thu Oct 21 10:06:17 2021
nvhda64v.sys Tue Jul 19 05:45:37 2022
RTKVHD64.sys Mon Jul 19 00:26:59 2021
teVirtualMIDI64.sys Wed Nov 27 07:27:55 2019

(2 microsoft drivers)
usbaudio.sys
HDAudBus.sys

note:
Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver (older driver)
asstahci64.sys Tue May 17 02:38:26 2016

-strange underclock of cpu 3564MHz

bios update here:
MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 (msi.com)

machine info:
BIOS Release Date 11/12/2021
Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Product MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 (MS-7D42)
Processor Version 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023
updated/changed each driver you said ubuysa and updated and changed the ones you said johnbl hopefully those changes help. Hopefully the intel arc software will help with the "strange underclock of cpu" ill keep posting if the system crashes again

updated/changed each driver you said ubuysa and updated and changed the ones you said johnbl hopefully those changes help. Hopefully the intel arc software will help with the "strange underclock of cpu" ill keep posting if the system crashes again
the problem I saw with the audio was that collectively all the audio devices were taking too long to run. I could only see one core since it was a minidump and I could not read the logs for the audio driver. if you change to a kernel dump then the logs and other cpu cores can be read. the file would be memory.dmp and is stored one directory up from the minidump directory.

some underclocks can be heat related throttling.
or bad bios version or setting. or bad overclock drivers. (I do not remember seeing a overclock driver in the minidump i looked at)

Mar 30, 2023
thanks everyone for reading the mini dumps and helping out, got an entire day without crashing, ill update this post if things go bad and have more mini dumps to check out, appreciate you all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62o4kxa5omzpc43/040123-11734-01.rar?dl=0 - crashed again today I swear every time I decide to say ill post with results again I get another crash, at least this time I let it sit withoutrestarting my computer myself and it produced a log, hopefully with more information
cpu 0 had a nvidia gpu driver that ran for 294 minutes.
the assumption would be a problem with nvlddmkm.sys
dated march 16 2023

system was running 4 hours 54 minutes.

you need to change the memory dump type to kernel and provide a kernel dump rather than a minidump. The kernel dump will have info on each processor.

try and figure out why your system has this driver loaded:
asstahci64.sys date may 17th 2016
it should be:
Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver
but I do not know why it would be on your system.
It does not show up in the tech specs for your motherboard. Have you added some sata card?

Last edited:
cpu 0 had a nvidia gpu driver that ran for 294 minutes.
the assumption would be a problem with nvlddmkm.sys
dated march 16 2023

system was running 4 hours 54 minutes.

you need to change the memory dump type to kernel and provide a kernel dump rather than a minidump. The kernel dump will have info on each processor.

try and figure out why your system has this driver loaded:
asstahci64.sys date may 17th 2016
it should be:
Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver
but I do not know why it would be on your system.
It does not show up in the tech specs for your motherboard. Have you added some sata card?
for this bugcheck to occur it is all of the audio devices just taking a total of too much time. You might roll back the nvidia driver or remove other audio devices or update other audio devices.
it is strange the nvidia driver is taking so much cpu time from nearly the start of the system boot up.

kernel dump will also provide the error logs.
you could also run verifier on your system and see if it finds drivers with problems.

Mar 30, 2023
So I was diagnosing last night with some friends and they noticed half the time my cpu would fly up in heat and would cap around 100celcius and then it stayed there I think my water cooler was failing and finally died. I replaced that and hopefully this was the cause of my issues, ill come back if theres any more crashing, thanks everyone.