Lots of StarCraft 2 Sold in the First Two Days

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geofry

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Bought it, finished it. Yep it's Star Craft with a new coat of paint. Bored with it already. One of the few sequels where they've managed to do a remake that does the original justice and improved it without ruining the original feel of the game, but I found the original one fairly boring too so not much replay value for me. (I did very much like the lava, night attack, and nova maps.)

Is it just me or is anyone else completely bored with 1-3 level ramp style maps?

Various games in the past teased us with actual terrain and gradual elevations that affected weapons and unit based on their type. Why does it seem they've all abandonded it?

theblackbird

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
[citation][nom]Sp0cK[/nom]It annoys me when people give ridiculous reasons to steal something. [...] Obtain an education, then a legit job you enjoy, earn legit money and earn the right to play....[/citation]

Unfortunately, the way a society works is somewhat more complex than your 'American Dream' reasoning can comprehend.

harrybojangles

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
Sometimes this stuff doesnt even make sense to me.

HOW HARD is it to blizzard put in a PLAY IN OFFLINE MODE in their BNet games, JUST like Steam. thus making LAN an Option AGAIN. If they made it work, just like steam, there would be no issues with lan or no LAN, there WOULD be lan.

there is no reason to pirate the game just to own it. the only reason to pirate the game is for LAN meaning you would obviously already have bought and own a legit copy of sc2. thus making pirating only needed for LANing abilities. make a pirate copy thats striped down and you dont have to install, just click on an icon and start into LAN mode. and if im not mistaken, if you pirate a game you own its not illegal. security reasons right?

for all you people saying LAN isnt a big deal. try to have 10 of your friends over your house trying to play the same game, or if only 8 people want an 4v4 game. thats 8 people connecting and sending information OVER the internet to never never land just so it can come back about 30ms later to your friends computers around you. if thats not only taxing to your internet (highly depending on your speeds/router)if the other two friends decide to EACH watch a youtube video, theres even MORE draw from your internet which in end will slow down your SC2 game.

then all of you people saying LAN is no fun.. well to you people, get some Real Life friends and maybe hanging out in the same room sharing some beers while beating on each other will be fun.

one more thing.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO COMPARE A COMPUTER GAME SALES TO THE TOTAL MULTIPLATFORM GAMES SALES. kinda like saying my AcneFace Wash sells 50 bottles a week which is good, but compared to my Hand Soap that sells 200 bottles a week is better.. TWO DIFFERENT PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER BASES.

leave console kiddies out of PC gamers news. we already know console fanboys are brain dead in paying extra money ontop of their consoles and games and accessories and internet, just to pay for a "premium" xbox or ps3 subscription. everything that makes consoles seem awesome is pure marketing working at its best.

emmeric21

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
PC Games start dying when developers begone treating pc like consoles. Blizzard with games like Starcraft and I'm sure also with Diablo 3 are making games that you pay 50euro and have content in your hands to play for months. These are the true "PC Games". "Console Games" as I call them are the games which you pay 70 euro and you finish them in 7 hours. That is Stealing from developer's part and thats why Piracy is so high in our days.

Sp0cK

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]theblackbird[/nom]Unfortunately, the way a society works is somewhat more complex than your 'American Dream' reasoning can comprehend.[/citation]

Theblackbird,

Unfortunately there isn't anything complex about society. Maybe i'm not fully understanding your post but I wasn't talking about the "American Dream" but what a person who respects society should do. Not take what doesn't belong to him but earn the right to acquire it. People would rather find the path of lease resistance rather than do what is rite often needing more effort to accomplish.

PS

!!!Can't wait for Mass Effect 3!!! And if the gods permit..
!!Home World 3!!

G

heard they sold more than 3million copies in the first day in korea. so where do u have this infromation from?

Status
Not open for further replies.