Question Loud Loading Sound

kanewarriors

Commendable
Jul 27, 2018
Hi Guys!

The last few weeks my PC has been making some loud loading sounds (hard to explain the sound) intermittently. It seems to mostly be when my CPU is over 50% load but also happens less than that.

Can't figure out if the sound is coming from the Hard Drive or PSU. I can usually make the sound go away if a tilt my PC on a sharp angle.

My case makes it nearly impossible to access the PSU.

My system specs - Ryzen 5 2600, RX580, 16gb Ram, Segotep 600W PSU, WD 2TB HD, WD 240GB SSD

I've removed all the dust etc from the case and fans and tightened all the screws as I thought that may be contributing to the problem but it didn't make a difference.

Appreciate any help or advice.

Cheers

Hi Guys!

The last few weeks my PC has been making some loud loading sounds (hard to explain the sound) intermittently. It seems to mostly be when my CPU is over 50% load but also happens less than that.

Can't figure out if the sound is coming from the Hard Drive or PSU. I can usually make the sound go away if a tilt my PC on a sharp angle.

My case makes it nearly impossible to access the PSU.

My system specs - Ryzen 5 2600, RX580, 16gb Ram, Segotep 600W PSU, WD 2TB HD, WD 240GB SSD

I've removed all the dust etc from the case and fans and tightened all the screws as I thought that may be contributing to the problem but it didn't make a difference.

Appreciate any help or advice.

Cheers
"I can usually make the sound go away if a tilt my PC on a sharp angle. " That sounds (excuse the pun) like a fan making noise because of worn oout bearing or something like that.

kanewarriors

Commendable
Jul 27, 2018
"I can usually make the sound go away if a tilt my PC on a sharp angle. " That sounds (excuse the pun) like a fan making noise because of worn oout bearing or something like that.

Thanks for your reply CountMike. I will try and identify which fan may be causing the issue. I suspected the issue may be with the PSU but I can't access the bottom of the case. There are no screws I can see. Will give it another try.

kanewarriors

Commendable
Jul 27, 2018
I narrowed it down to the hard drive. Before that I removed my psu, took it apart and cleaned all the dust off it (since then I read it can be dangerous to do that but oh well). There was a huge amount of dust in there. The noise was still there after I put the psu back in.

After running the PC without the side casing on, I can now pinpoint the sound is coming from my hard drive. Is this anything to worry about? It is only when my PC is under load it makes the noise.