Loud new build.

Victorino95

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016
Hello there,

I just moved everything i had on an old nasty case into a new s340. I got 2 AF120s from corsair (LED) as intake. Both exhaust fans are nzxt stock. The thing is, something is really loud. I think is vibration because it goes away when y put my hand on top of the front panel and press slighly in the direction of the pc.

Do you think the frontal fans are making the noise? should i get different ones?
I tought maybe the hdd was the reason but this is the same HDD i had in the older case and it was really quiet. Maybe a piece of rubber or folded paper under the HDD tray to test.

It also gets kindda worse when i game but thats to be expected. Its just that it was not so bad before.

Thanks in advance.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
It could be hard drive vibration. The S340 doesn't feature any vibration dampening in the HDD cage, so if you're able to add padding inside, it might help.

If you suspect fan noise, you could disconnect one or two at a time and see if there are any changes.

Victorino95

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016

PSU is an EVGA supernova G2. Eco mode is on so the fan doesnt really work too much. What do you min plugged in all the way? The cables to the components?

Victorino95

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016

checked. i had some tight ones but it did not work.