Low bench scores for FX 8350 and RAM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Erinbytes

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Could someone help me figure this out? I keep watching reviews of the FX 8350 being a nice CPU for gaming -not the best but nice-, but I can't get more that 40FPS in wow on 1440p. Here's my latest bench:
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3016847
I built this PC a few years ago, but even brand new I've never been able to get good FPS.
I've overclocked successfully to 4.2, ran the test, same result. Cleared the CMOS and ran the test and same thing. Temp stays around 31c

My mobo is a Crosshair Formula V, Corsair Water Cooled h105 (i think), with an 850 power supply.
I've made sure power settings are set at high performance. What do you think?

Solution
AI suite overrides the bios settings on startup so that fully explains it. if you oc you cpu in the bios then underclock in ai suite as soon as ai loads the underclock would be applied and override the bios

Erinbytes

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
I fixed it! I almost gave up and was ready to buy a new CPU. Some serious odd things were going on where I could only get 7x Multiplier and 1.4GHz Clock according to software monitors, but in my BIOS I had all power saving tools turned off - all fans at Turbo - turbo core turned off - Multiplier set at 20.0/200 for stock clock. Every time I rebooted my power settings would go to balanced, and all my fans would power down. So I decided to uninstall all software monitoring tools one by one to eliminate software as causing the problem and then go through the unfortunate task of determining if it was a motherboard or CPU issue.

First software I uninstalled was AI Suite II. I rebooted and BAM all my BIOS settings were finally reading correctly in HWInfo and my voltage was 1.3v on all cores. Ran Prime95 and my CPU was finally showing 100% usage in task manager. I'm not sure what setting in AI Suite II was causing an issue. Just glad I have my rig back to what it should be. I OC'd to 4.4GHz because I'm not greedy and I'm super happy with the results. "I'm on top of the world!"
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3084271

I can't thank all of you enough for putting up with me and my issues. Thank you for all of your troubleshooting advice.

glad you got it fixed, you should be running strong now that you are at a solid 4.4ghz. keep all those software suites and programs uninstalled. all you really need is cpuz and a hwmonitor/hwinfo64/aida64 type program to keep an eye on voltages and temps. cheers.