Question Low budget controller hub for Corsair RGB fan

ajay12131

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
So I bought Corsair SP 120 RGB Pro without knowing that it requires a controller hub for the RGB to work. I connected the RGB header directly to motherboard's RGB header and the RGB is not working properly. Not all colors are lighting up and the light is also too dim.
The Corsair Hub is way too costly. Just wanna ask if I can use any other cheap controller hub with this fan or does it require a Corsair Hub specifically. Thanks for any help.

D

Deleted member 362816

Pretty sure you have to run the corsair hub. They want to keep you in their ecosystem. Even with a 3rd party hub for the RGB I do not think it will work correctly.

Reactions: ajay12131

ajay12131

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
Pretty sure you have to run the corsair hub. They want to keep you in their ecosystem. Even with a 3rd party hub for the RGB I do not think it will work correctly.
Yup! I'm assuming the same. Thank you for replying Captain. Guess I'll be returning this fan once and for all along with signing out of the Corsair RGB series altogether forever. Thank you once again for your time.

D

Deleted member 362816

Yup! I'm assuming the same. Thank you for replying Captain. Guess I'll be returning this fan once and for all along with signing out of the Corsair RGB series altogether forever. Thank you once again for your time.

TBH, I think those corsair fans are a complete and total rip off compared to cheaper fans that perform about the same.

ajay12131

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
TBH, I think those corsair fans are a complete and total rip off compared to cheaper fans that perform about the same.
You're absolutely right there Captain. I have this other Ant Esport 120mm 1200 rpm AutoRGB fan and its doing its job fabulously. Though the RGB is not customizable, but it has different good looking presets and the RGB light is way vibrant than this Corsair one.
Actually I just wanted to try a Corsair fan in my Corsair case. But its a big failure for me. Will be switching back to those cheaper, yet better fans.

TRENDING THREADS