Question Low clarity of music when played with music player.

Deva Surya

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
Music quality in my phone is destroyed when playing music with music player (eg.google play music). My phone is Nokia 6.1. No problem on YouTube or any other apps. Only music player apps. Music gets very distorted and noisy and very bad. Please help.

Deva Surya

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
Music quality is destroyed when playing music with music player (eg.google play music). My phone is Nokia 6.1. No problem on YouTube or any other apps. Only music player apps. Music gets very distorted and noisy and very bad. Please help.

Apr 17, 2019
I'm not a fan of any of Google's multimedia apps (Play Music, Play Movies & TV, Photos), so I probably didn't stay long enough with Music to see if this was an issue. Before returning the unit, I'd suggest perhaps trying an alternative app to see if it solves it. I started with the MX Player and then, satisfied with that, moved up to the paid PRO version. You can always uninstall the app if it doesn't resolve the issue, yes?

davesnothere

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I would try a different player, but I would also install Stagefright Detector to see if someone is trying an automatic attack through the streaming media service you are connecting to. Also, it could be faulty hardware, but it would distort even in firefox. Could be an AAC stream decoding issue, which you would have to flash the phone's firmware to fix that. Here is an mp3 stream that also has player links on this radio station's page: http://www.knkl.net