[SOLVED] Low-cost PC build for accounting purpose

isaumya

Honorable
Aug 2, 2015
Hi,
I am looking for a low-cost PC build (for my small office) basically to use it for Accounting (e.g. Tally ERP), MS Office & Web browsing.

My Budget: INR 30,000 (approx) = USD 400

I already have a PC cabinet, SMPS (450W) & a SATA HDD. I am looking for suggestions for the following things:

1. Motherboard (preferably ASUS - as I had many bad experiences with other brands)
  2. CPU (I have no preference on intel or AMD - whatever is the best value for money)
  3. RAM
  4. SSD (Just for C drive)

I don't think this build requires any graphics card considering the work it will be doing.

So, if any of you can please provide help me with which components should I choose, it would be great.
Also if the build is Windows 11 compatible that would be a huge bonus.

I3 10100 is good and maybe AMD Ryzen 3 3200G are back an forth on one another (those are the CPU in your price range with Integrated GPU... so you won't have to buy external one).
It's depends who do you prefer and do you have Ryzen 3 3200G on stock near you (usually 3200G should be cheaper).
If you want AMD system ... That's not a problem just write...

I changed the Drive because I miskicked on the smaller one (difference is a few bucks)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QWpCGq

Last edited:
IMHO, buy used. Intel did not make any solid changes since 2014 unless you buy 2021 machines, which are above your budget.
You can get 2'nd gen ryzen for cheap as they are a bit too weak for games, so for your usecase they should be great value.
Chips like ryzen 2600 should be plenty powerful, and in budget if used. If you find 3100,3300 ryzen, it should have similar power to 2600.
about board, B300 should be good compromise if you can find it. B400 series might need a check if you take 2'nd gen cpu, but not a problem if you buy bundle of mobo+cpu+ literally any gpu.

If you doesn't buy used, as said above,
I3 10100 is good and maybe AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
but don't take 2'nd ryzen G series, you will have issues with windows 11.
same goes with intel, don't go lower than 9'th generation.

About SSD, anything with 1 restriction.
You want 40 000+ IOPS for both read and write. If disc don't disclose it, then its to be avoided. if it's above this limit, just take cheapest you can find.
sata old format is safe choice, you won't see difference with newer drives.

IMHO, buy used. Intel did not make any solid changes since 2014 unless you buy 2021 machines, which are above your budget.
Intel made a lot of IPC improvments since 7th gen....just is stuck on 14nm...

You can get 2'nd gen ryzen for cheap as they are a bit too weak for games, so for your usecase they should be great value.
Chips like ryzen 2600 should be plenty powerful, and in budget if used. If you find 3100,3300 ryzen, it should have similar power to 2600.
Ryzen 2600 doesn't have GPU
about board, B300 should be good compromise if you can find it. B400 series might need a check if you take 2'nd gen cpu, but not a problem if you buy bundle of mobo+cpu+ literally any gpu.
Have you seen the prices of basic gpu's (even second hand ) on the internet?

but don't take 2'nd ryzen G series, you will have issues with windows 11.
same goes with intel, don't go lower than 9'th generation.
Yep that's why I'm writing Intel 10th gen and 3rd gen AMD.
Intel 8 and 9th gen also support TPM 2.0 and W11

isaumya

Honorable
Aug 2, 2015
Hi @Vyrvelata,
one last question. Can I take the Asus B560M-Plus WiFi motherboard as the asus board you suggested is not in stock in Amazon India.
Also, intel i3 10100 is not available in Amazon India so have to see from where I can get it here.

Hi @Vyrvelata,
one last question. Can I take the Asus B560M-Plus WiFi motherboard as the asus board you suggested is not in stock in Amazon India.
Also, intel i3 10100 is not available in Amazon India so have to see from where I can get it here.
Yes it's perfectly fine!
You can buy 10105 it's also good maybe a little bit more expensive 5-6$...
Just be careful not to buy something with "F" in the end.... they don't have Integrated Graphics.