Question Low CPU and GPU usage in games

Oct 9, 2019
I have MSI after burner overlay on, and my GPU and CPU are both running at 30% on low resolution and 40% in 1920 x 1080 when playing rust, there is no fps difference between resolutions. In CSGO on low resolution my CPU and GPU usage are the same as Rust at 30% however when I change to 1080p my CPU stays at 30% but my GPU goes to 50% and my fps is better in this resolution. All my temperatures are fine. I built this pc about a month ago.
My specs are:
I7 8700k
Gtx 2070
16GB 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SATA 2.5'' internal SSD
Corsair TX650M 650W Semi Modular Gold Certified

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2019
I know in CSGO there is a fps cap, you have to go through console in game if you have not already the command is FPS_MAX "XXX" without quotes. I would try reducing all settings to low to see if fps improve. I personally dont think there is any issue because 300fps is decent in CSGO game is optimized, I play it often and only get around that. On rust Im not quite sure. I would also make sure your drivers are updated to most recent!

Oct 9, 2019
I know in CSGO there is a fps cap, you have to go through console in game if you have not already the command is FPS_MAX "XXX" without quotes. I would try reducing all settings to low to see if fps improve. I personally dont think there is any issue because 300fps is decent in CSGO game is optimized, I play it often and only get around that. On rust Im not quite sure. I would also make sure your drivers are updated to most recent!
i have all my settings on low accept for shadow quality which is high and max fps 0. i played a retake server earlier and i was getting 400+ fps but my usage is still low its weird

Oct 9, 2019
i also playing TF2 atm and i have all the high video settings on and im getting 200+ fps but my usage is 16% for both