[SOLVED] Low CPU, GPU and memory usage while playing Valorant (average temps) ?

ThunderPunch

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2015
Hello everyone. I've recently been purchasing some more top of the line e Sports equipment to attempt at improving, but I'm not getting the exact results I would like. I hope I can provide enough information so that this issue can get narrowed down and resolved.

My main issue is in the title, I have inconsistent FPS Which can sit around 200FPS and drop down to 160 in some cases and it never stays above my refresh rate causing the game to jitter when turning in fast motions.
My CPU, GPU and memory are barely being utilized.
CPU Usage Will sit around 20%, GPU at around 20-35%, sometimes below 20%. Memory is at about 9GB usage.
GPU Temps in game are about 120-160F and CPU is about 130-160F depending on hot my room is and how long I've had my PC running.

I don't have an issue with other games utilizing my hardware, as some games hit their limit.

I feel like I've optimized my settings more than enough to not get a consistent 240FPS+. Capping my Frame Rate at 240FPS doesn't help at all. Heck, I could probably open CS:GO which is a very similar game and probably get 500+

Anyways, I've talked about my issues, Here are my settings and hardware below.

Windows Settings:

Xbox Game bar has been turned off,
Game mode is turned ON,
Graphics Settings : Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling : On
Valorant Selected as High Performance
I have disabled Full Screen Optimization in the ValoranteEXE and Windows ShippingEXE as well in Taskmanager>Details
Note: In Task Manager>Processes>Valorant>Power Usage: Very High. Power Usage Trend: Low
Start up Apps have all been turned off except for my preferred apps including; Discord, BitDefender, Spotify, and RealTek Audio, and GeForce Experience which I use for capturing clips.

ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE INCLUDING: Graphics, Bios, Audio etc)

Hardware:

GPU: RTX 2080TI GigaByte Windforce 11GB (Stock Speeds)
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x (Stock Speeds) (Wraith Prism Cooler)
Ram: TeamForce 32GB 2x16 4000MHZ (XMP Enabled)
MotherBoard: GigaBtye Aorus Master
PSU: EVGA 600W 80 Plus
Valorant running off of a 1TB m.2 Samsung EVO, Windows installed on another drive.
Monitor: BenQ XL2546K 1080P 240hz .5ms Dyac+ Premium, AMA Premium

In Game Settings:

Fullscreen 1080p 240hz
All FPS Limits turned off
Nvidia Reflex: On + Boost
Multithreaded Rendering : On
Anti-Aliasing: MSAA : 2x
Anisotropic Filtering : 2x
Everything else turned to : off

NVIDIA 3D SETTINGS:

Image Scaling : Off
Ambient Occlusion : Off
Anisotropic Filtering : Application Controlled
Antialiasing - FXAA : Off
Antialiasing - Gamma Correction : On
Antialiasing - Mode : Application Controlled
Antialiasing - Transparency : Off
Background Application Max Frame Rate : Off
CUDA - GPUS : All
DSR : Off
Low Latency Mode : Ultra
Max Frame Rate : Off

Monitor Technology : G-Sync
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) : On
OpenGL Rendering GPU : 2080Ti
Power Management Mode : Prefer Maximum Performance
Preferred Refresh Rate : Highest Available

Shader Cache Size: Unlimited
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Options : On
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias : Allow
Texture Filtering - Quality : High Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization : On

Solution
For the sake of relevance, it's good practice to mention the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing, as well as the OS you're on. If you're on Windows 10, include the OS version(not edition).

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the board?

Is this the motherboard that you're working with?

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 600W is the advertised wattage, 80+ is it's efficiency rating. What is the model of the PSU and it's age?

I don't have an issue with other games utilizing my hardware, as some games...

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, it's good practice to mention the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing, as well as the OS you're on. If you're on Windows 10, include the OS version(not edition).

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the board?

Is this the motherboard that you're working with?

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 600W is the advertised wattage, 80+ is it's efficiency rating. What is the model of the PSU and it's age?

I don't have an issue with other games utilizing my hardware, as some games hit their limit.
Have you tried reinstalling the game?

BitDefender
If you're on Windows 10, and above, Windows Defender does it's job and also ends up being a lite feature courtesy of the OS, provided you also maintain good web browsing/computing habits that negates any need for a third party app for malware, though malwarebytes is one exception which only needs to be run in the event that something smells/feels really fishy.

Solution

ThunderPunch

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2015
Sorry yes, that is the motherboard I am working with and it has the F35e which is the latest driver I could install.

Windows 10 version is : 21H2

I have my ram installed on the 2nd and 4th slot on my motherboard. (got the name wrong on it, it is 'TeamGroup - T-Force')

Link to my exact power supply MFR: 100-W1-0600-K1 : https://www.adorama.com/ev100w10600...oCtU8QAvD_BwE&utm_source=adl-gbase-p-hometech

I've probably had it for around 6 years. I opened it up a few days ago to do some routine cleaning (removing what little dust was built up inside, it was very minimal because I clean my filters regularly)

I have reinstalled the game and saw no difference.

someone on another site told me to run a benchmark for my CPU and Memory, here are the results for that:
View: https://imgur.com/RClmG75