Question Low CPU & GPU usage, plus low FPS ?

Jan 21, 2022
My fortnite is running locked 160fps 20-40 gpu usage 30-50 cpu usage and when i fight it drops to like 80fps and 40-70 cpu usage and 30-60 gpu usage. What could i do to optimize it my temps are like 40-55 while gaming.
I have Amd radeon rx 5700xt
16gb ram
Amd radeon 7 2700x

Okay, try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

And the AMD Chipset Driver in Control Panel

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, and enable XMP Settings. Save and Exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Jan 21, 2022
Okay, try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

And the AMD Chipset Driver in Control Panel

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, and enable XMP Settings. Save and Exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
How much better should this make it

Jan 21, 2022
I have been playing fortnite lately. I have noticed when there is many people alive in a small area my pc runs only about 60 fps and fps drops quite alot. my cpu usage is usually 50-70% while gaming gpu usage 40-50%.
My system
Tomahawk b450max MoBo
Cpu Amd Ryzen 7 2700x
Gpu Powercolor radeon rx 5700 xt
16 gigs of ram.
and no idea where i see my psu. what should i do to raise it.