Question Low CPU / High GPU usage with balanced components ?

Answer: yes

Commendable
Mar 16, 2021
Hi! As the title says, i have high gpu usage with low cpu usage. My system is fairly balanced: msi gtx 1650 oc 4gb ddr6, I3 10105f and 2x8 gb 3000mhz ram. I play csgo usually and as far as i know its a cpu intensive game and even there if i dont lock the fps and it goes above 300-400 fps the gpu usage climbs to 100% while the cpu is around 30-40%. On some other games, for example in little nightmares 2 even with 80-150 fps the cpu is at 20% and gpu at 100% . I guess its normal for the gpu to do the hard work but the difference is weird. Is it normal to have such a big difference and it depends on the game or should i do something? Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
You stated some other games, though you've mentioned one apart from CS:GO. Mind sharing the other titles to the games that you've taxed the system with? Please mention the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version it's on as well.

Answer: yes

Commendable
Mar 16, 2021
You stated some other games, though you've mentioned one apart from CS:GO. Mind sharing the other titles to the games that you've taxed the system with? Please mention the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version it's on as well.
Hi. My bad. For example the cs series, stalker series, gta v, outlast.... The motherboard is PRIME H410M-R and the bios version is 1620, 2021.07.09. But now i see that a 30-40 cpu usage and a 90-100 gpu is normal when gaming.