Question Low Cpu Score After Upgrading Processor CPU

Jun 27, 2019
Hi.. i just upgrading my cpu from i5 3570 to i7 3770..
Install it with cooler master maker pro..
And segotep liquid cooling twin fan..

Mobo : Gigabyte h77- 1155
Gpu : rx 580 8gb
Ram : 2x 8gb ddr3 ram 1866Mhz..
Psu : 550 wat cooler master bronze 80+
SSD : 240gb sandisk 530mbs
HDD : 1TB seagate barracuda..
Win 10 pro 64 bit

Run a cpu benchmark test yet it doesn't meet my expectation where the score is below average and lower than my i5 3570..
Can anyone aid me to solve this issue..

Do i need to reinstall window?
Or edit some setting in BIOS?
Or take out the processor and reinstall it?
Or my processor or mobo has broken?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
what temperatures you hitting under load. Try cinebench for benchmarking

50 c only..
Im just tried the same benchmark test to compare the performance from my previous i5 3570..
Hence.. my previous i5 3570 playing witch wild hunt with smooth frame rate.. i7 3770 i tried just now got some frame drop and high lag..
The cpu benchmark stated that my single core low in its score.. one more thing i found that my cpu is 2.7Ghz instead of 3.4Ghz..
doesn't know what the actual problem.. do i need to reseat my processor..

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
50 c only..
Im just tried the same benchmark test to compare the performance from my previous i5 3570..
Hence.. my previous i5 3570 playing witch wild hunt with smooth frame rate.. i7 3770 i tried just now got some frame drop and high lag..
The cpu benchmark stated that my single core low in its score.. one more thing i found that my cpu is 2.7Ghz instead of 3.4Ghz..
doesn't know what the actual problem.. do i need to reseat my processor..

Jun 27, 2019
The 3770 should hit 3.9Ghz on single core benchmarks...
Either you get overheat,but you say it's only hitting 50, or you don't get enough power.
Did you put a TDP limit in your bios or are you using a balanced or low power profile in windows?

I had once setting power limit due to my black screen issue keep on flickering on my previous i5 3570.. but i already forgot how to get into those setting back.. could you guide me? Or do i have to restore to its default..

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
The 3770 should hit 3.9Ghz on single core benchmarks...
Either you get overheat,but you say it's only hitting 50, or you don't get enough power.
Did you put a TDP limit in your bios or are you using a balanced or low power profile in windows?

Thank you for your assistance..
I just figured out as you mentioned regarding power profile.. my previous setting limit my processor to its max potential which is 65%.. set all the setting to default and its return to 100%.. thank you once again .. my cpu score has increased a lot.. haha

TRENDING THREADS