Low download speed

Jun 24, 2018
Hi,

I've been getting 2MBps downloadspeed from my adapter wired connection, that I've been using for years. I've never had any problem with my lack of downloadspeed. The other thing is that my uploadspeed is also higher than my download speed (7MBps), taken from www.speedtest.net. I've also noticed, by looking at my past results, thats my download speed dropped from 14MBps to 2MBps from december last year.

I don't know wether it's a Windows update or if it could be the settings of my adapter. If anyone knows a solution, I'd be glad to hear.

Thanks.

Do you have any other computer/devices on this network? Are their uploads speeds ok? If so, then you know it something with your computer and not the router or some other hardware.

Do you have access to another adapter (USB Wifi or something)? Are uploads speeds ok with another adapter? If so, then it sounds like something is wrong with your adapter (setting or physical problem). Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

If both those test show an issue with your computer and it is probably software. The things that I have seen cause this are security software (like a software firewall or internet scanner), network enhancers (those that claim that installing this software will make your internet faster), and viruses/malware (including proxies and VPNs).