Question Low FPS 2080 TI

May 6, 2019
upgraded my old gtz 780 comp to build a computer from scratch 2080ti, i7 8700k, 32gb 3000mhz ram, 650 watt Gold and a Gigabyte z390 Mobo.

Problem is getting really low FPS for what the computer is. (This is all @ 1080p) Most game are sitting at 120fps and dipping down to 70. The heaven benchmark score is at 4000.

The ram is in the right spots in the Mobo. Done a full sweep of the video card drivers and every other driver on the computer.

Have i set something up wrong in the BIOS. Or is it something else? any help is appreciated :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It is a beast of a system that's for sure. Please share a few things.

Is Windows a fresh install on your current hardware?

Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise games?

Which games are you playing and what are their frame rates?

What are your temps like for both cpu and gpu?

May 6, 2019
Windows is a fresh install

Yes, but I have turned off power saver and all of that though Nivida Control panel.

Downloaded Borderlands 2 (Sits at 100fps and drops to 60 No Pysx) Destiny 2 (sits at 144 but drops regularly to 80) League (which sits around 180 and drops to 120)
I know D2 and BL2 arnt the best optimized games but the 2080 ti should do a full flex on them

Temps Are running around 70c are the hottest i have seen the GPU run
and around 50 for the CPU

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
4000 Heaven score isn't too shabby, have a look here and keep in mind of clock speeds. Also don't know what driver versions they're on, can play a role also, not always is latest driver the best.

Regarding GeForce Exp, it can cause more problems than it solves. It's convenient yes but what it can do is set settings too high if it thinks the graphics card can handle it like antialiasing and resolution scaling.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do i just uninstall the program ?

Haven't used the program in a while even though it's installed, think from memory there was an option in GE to return game to default settings or unselect whichever game to being optimised by it so shouldn't need to uninstall it.

GE changes settings in-game, as you know. Can change game settings yourself anytime and GE wont interfere until you click the optimise button again.

Try setting game settings to highest but try different antaliasing methods and if resolution scaling is an option in-game (as games do have nowadays, similar to dsr) try 1x (default) first, and then maybe try 1.5x or 2x to see how performance goes, but disable antialiasing if you increase this setting. Idea of antialiasing is to tidy up the edges which resolution scaling does as well as it increases the resolution and scales it back down to 1080p giving a cleaner image.

Reactions: Shweps
May 6, 2019
Haven't used the program in a while even though it's installed, think from memory there was an option in GE to return game to default settings or unselect whichever game to being optimised by it so shouldn't need to uninstall it.

GE changes settings in-game, as you know. Can change game settings yourself anytime and GE wont interfere until you click the optimise button again.

Try setting game settings to highest but try different antaliasing methods and if resolution scaling is an option in-game (as games do have nowadays, similar to dsr) try 1x (default) first, and then maybe try 1.5x or 2x to see how performance goes, but disable antialiasing if you increase this setting. Idea of antialiasing is to tidy up the edges which resolution scaling does as well as it increases the resolution and scales it back down to 1080p giving a cleaner image.
Thanks man doing that in the morning