Question Low FPS and GPU and CPU not fully utilized

Apr 7, 2019
Hey everyone, I hope this is the right place for this:

I recently updated my rather old PC, these are my new components:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Radeon RX 580
16GB GSkill Aegis RAM
ASRock B450 Pro4 Motherboard

If you need to know about any other parts, please let me know.

I expected a noticeable improvement on FPS compared to my old system but it is not as good as i hoped.

AC Origins for example runs on 25-35 FPS in cities and 45 in emptier places.

The issue is that the GPU and the CPU are not used to their full potential both only having a usage of about 60-70%.

So, how do I fix that.

Looking forward to your replies and as I have said, if you need more information please let me know.

Apr 7, 2019
Asassin's Creed Origins is the game I mentioned in my post. The problem occures for all the other games I have tested though (Shadow of War, GTAV, AC Odyssey and Unity)

Yes, all drivers are updated, I did not buy a new copy of Windows though but I have used Windows 10 before and its updated. I am using my old HDDs, could that be the problem? I always thought HDDs just made for longer loading times which wouldnt have really bothered me.

Apr 7, 2019
I am playing at 1980x1080 and High graphics settings, but the problem also occurs at lower settings. I had an intel I5, dont know the number anymore and an R9 280 as well as 8GB of RAM.

A 120gb SSD big that is enough for Windows and a few programs can be picked up for under $19
Currently, you can get a Kingston SA400 240gb SSD for $28.99, a steal. It will fit windows, a few programs, and a few games: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/btDzK8/kingston-a400-240gb-25-solid-state-drive-sa400s37240g
I put a Kingston SA400 240gb SSD in an old computer and the performance increase over the old hard drive is phenomenal. I think nearly every computer should have an SSD as a boot drive since they are sooo cheap now. 9 years ago a 256 SSD was ~$500, now they cost very little, under $30. A fresh os install will solve this issue whether on hdd or ssd.