Question low fps and lag proglem

Jul 3, 2024
Hello, my acer nitro 5 player computer that I bought about 6 months ago has problems such as low fps and freezing lag in all games for the last 2 weeks, I have formatted 3 times and it has not helped anything, my computer specifications: rtx 3050 i5 12500h 8gb ddr 4 ram m2 ssd I asked my neighbor who deals with server setup and he told me that the ram is not enough, but 2 weeks ago the ram was enough, why is it not enough now?
ram test and ssd test and the result was good
Do I need to do a benchmark test?

Hey there,

Yes, 8gbs most certainly can be a limitation. Upgrading to 16gb can really help here. You will see a big difference.

As for the games suddenly lagging for the last 2 weeks, have you changed any in game settings. If the game settings are on low, does that ehlp with the stuttering.

Also with all gaming laptops, the fans can get clogged up badly and this will also effect performance.

Jul 3, 2024
Hey,

Unfortunately I won't be able to help you but was just gonna make my own thread about similar problems.
I have a Lenovo 82SA, also Nvidia RTX 3050 i5 12500h with 16 gb ram. My problems started after my laptop charger stopped to work, it got really hot and so does the computer when I'm gaming. I got a new charger and now I HAVE to have the charger plugged in or else it's super laggy and I won't get over 20 fps. I wonder if my PC somehow got damaged or if there is anything I can do? Sucks that I have to have the charger plugged in all the time and it does feel like my computer is getting worse and worse... After 1 year!

Do you usually have your laptop in your knees or on your sofa/sheets? Are you using a cooling fan?
I will buy one as soon as possible and see if that will have a positive effect. Did you have any problems with your charger or your laptop getting overheated? Just trying to figure out if that could be the problem.

Jul 3, 2024
Hey there,

Yes, 8gbs most certainly can be a limitation. Upgrading to 16gb can really help here. You will see a big difference.

As for the games suddenly lagging for the last 2 weeks, have you changed any in game settings. If the game settings are on low, does that ehlp with the stuttering.

Also with all gaming laptops, the fans can get clogged up badly and this will also effect performance.

What can you do about that then? I have a "compressed gas cleaner" at home. Should I use it on the fans?
Using vacuum cleaner is a big no, right?

What can you do about that then? I have a "compressed gas cleaner" at home. Should I use it on the fans?
Using vacuum cleaner is a big no, right?
Yes, it needs to be some blower type. Using a vacuum would make the fans spin like crazy. If you held the fins of the fan in place and give it a gentle hoovering, that might work.

Idea is to clear out all the vents and fans from dust. It would be easier and better to dissasemble the laptop. But, if it's still under warranty, you may not want to do that.

Jul 3, 2024
Yes, it needs to be some blower type. Using a vacuum would make the fans spin like crazy. If you held the fins of the fan in place and give it a gentle hoovering, that might work.

Idea is to clear out all the vents and fans from dust. It would be easier and better to dissasemble the laptop. But, if it's still under warranty, you may not want to do that.

Alright, just used the gas cleaner, hopefully the fans will work better now, will try some gaming!
And what about the charger problem? Is something damaged in my computer since I need to have it plugged in to get a significantly improvement when I game/even watch videos on youtube. I haven't formatted my computer, could that help you think? I also realized I only have 66 GB left from total 951 GB but that shouldn't affect my prestanda, or?

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP but since we have similar problems I hope you will benefit from my questions as well!

s something damaged in my computer since I need to have it plugged in to get a significantly improvement when I game/
This is kinda normal.

Not so much for youtube vids. You should be able to watch them perfectly on battery or on power.

Yes, drive space low, can cause issues too. Try clear off at least 30% of the drive, and see if that heps.

The problem with 8gb of ram is that once it fills up, it will then use your SSD for page/virtual page. This is really slow compared to more ram. This can cause major stuttering.