Aug 7, 2019
So my components are:
I5 3470 3.2ghz
Gtx 1060 3gb
16gb ddr3

And I normally play gta 5 online but whatever I do, there is no way that with whatever setting I use, I get 60fps.
Now if I have everything on very high (which I do now, I get around 45-50 fps and If I put everything on low, I get around 40-45. It's very annoying and I hope I can fix it.

(Btw I know this is a bottleneck but not being able to play the lowest setting with an i5 and gtx 1060 is absurd)

Solution
(Btw I know this is a bottleneck but not being able to play the lowest setting with an i5 and gtx 1060 is absurd)
When you go up in resolution/graphics settings, you use more gpu and fewer cpu resources.
When you go down on these, it's the other way around.

You knew the cpu was the 'limiter', but then you lowered settings, thereby putting more load on an already struggling cpu. That was going backwards.
High graphics settings is the best workaround until you can change the cpu.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
When you go up in resolution/graphics settings, you use more gpu and fewer cpu resources.
When you go down on these, it's the other way around.

You knew the cpu was the 'limiter', but then you lowered settings, thereby putting more load on an already struggling cpu. That was going backwards.
High graphics settings is the best workaround until you can change the cpu.

Solution