Question LOW FPS HIGHER END PC

Mar 3, 2020
(i have a Pentium G4600; 8GB ram; 250GB SSD (set to boot drive) and a gtx 1060 6gb)

My fps has suddenly been under performing, i thought it was a cpu bottle neck but it cant be, i am sometimes struggling to get even 60-80fps (with overclock) on all low graphics on games, i have done all the things people recommend. Others recommend to download fps boosters and stuff but i shouldn't have to, i have tried resetting my windows but it keeps failing (not resetting). Would appreciate if someone knows how to fix this thanks. (also the reason i believe it is not a bottle neck is that through much research a 3.60ghz cpu is a perfect match for the 1060 6gb (which is why i installed it so i had minimal fps loss))additional info (i am also getting the same fps if not worse than my friend who has a potato pc)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020
So it performed well before, and now it suddenly starts underperforming?

Also, just because the CPU is clocked at a certain frequency doesn't mean it's not limiting your performance.
surely i should be getting more than just 60fps? i surpass the recommended requirements of my games often by far (the particular game i talk about here is rainbow six siege)

Mar 3, 2020
Did it perform well before? Or has it always been performing like this?
it performed well before. usually sitting around 100+ fps, but now it struggles for 60fps

hence why i thought an os reset was required

additional info (i am also getting the same fps if not worse than my friend who has a potato pc)

Last edited:
it performed well before. usually sitting around 100+ fps, but now it struggles for 60fps

hence why i thought an os reset was required

additional info (i am also getting the same fps if not worse than my friend who has a potato pc)
Update graphics drivers, chipset drivers, and bios. Also scan with malwarebytes. If you can't reset, you can always fresh install by downloading windows 10 ISOs and using the media creation tool to put it on a flash drive. The activation code will still be on the PC, so you won't have to buy another key.

Reactions: Phaaze88