Question Low FPS in almost anything

Jul 25, 2020
Playing assassin's creed odyssey i can't get a stable 60 fps at 1080p. I have a RTX2080 Super, AMD Ryzen 3900x, 32GB Ram, 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD, Corsair RM850I

Playing assassin's creed odyssey i can't get a stable 60 fps at 1080p. I have a RTX2080 Super, AMD Ryzen 3900x, 32GB Ram, 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD, Corsair RM850I
What tool if any are you monitoring performance with? It's good to use something like MSI Afterburner so you know exact range (min, ave, max) of FPS, % of CPU and GPU usage, etc. It's also best to monitor temps to make sure it's not due to thermal throttling.

Also, what speed is your RAM? Ryzens do best with good RAM speed, at least 3200 is recommended.

Jul 25, 2020
What tool if any are you monitoring performance with? It's good to use something like MSI Afterburner so you know exact range (min, ave, max) of FPS, % of CPU and GPU usage, etc. It's also best to monitor temps to make sure it's not due to thermal throttling.

Also, what speed is your RAM? Ryzens do best with good RAM speed, at least 3200 is recommended.
My RAM is corsair dominator platinum rgb 32gb ddr4-3200mhz

When you both say you can't get a stable 60 FPS, be more specific. What is the typical frame rate window, 50-70, 45-65, etc? If the FPS is going up and down, that's pretty normal for Ryzens. Tell us what it's averaging, and what your lowest min FPS is, and how often it drops that low.

You should also check CPU and GPU usage % in MSI Afterburner like I said. Ideally, pick the game exhibiting this problem the most and make a brief video showing MSI Afterburner monitoring onscreen, and set the statistics fonts to be large enough to be viewable by us.

I also highly recommend running Intelligent Standby List Cleaner while playing on a Ryzen, and disable any unnecessary background programs. You want as much free RAM as possible, because Ryzens are very tied to RAM speed, so you'll get lower latency that way.

Last edited:
No, FPS low's are quite similar with both AMD and Intel. Please stop saying this about Ryzen's without proof to back up your claims.
Please stop putting words in my mouth by incorrectly interpreting what I'm saying. I never said Ryzen was exhibiting lower minimums than Intel, just that FPS fluctuation in general is typical with Ryzens. There are many videos throughout the history of Ryzen demonstrating this, and no, I'm not going to chase them all down for you just because you want to turn this thread into a brand loyalty war. :rolleyes:

Last edited: