[SOLVED] Low fps in cs go with good components please help!

Jan 23, 2019
Hey guys, I just bought a new gaming computer yesterday from best buy and installed steam along with a few of my favorite games such as siege, cs:go etc. When I launched cs:go and got into a match I noticed that my system might be under performing. For example, On 1920x1080p with all settings on low I was getting 80-90 FPS. Switched to a 4:3 resolution and was still experiencing the same fps. I decided to launch siege to see if there was gonna be a recurring issue in all games I play but I ran the benchmark on 1080p with medium settings and averaged 160 FPS throughout the benchmark. I have changed the power plan to performance, changed the power limit from 0% to 50% on global wattman, tried going through bios to see if I could possibly disable the integrated graphics that my CPU unfortunately has but the bios are extremely limited in terms of options you have to change things, I have the latest drivers installed and reinstalled to make sure they weren't corrupt (19.1.1), I don't have any other 3rd party graphics controller. Could it be because CS:GO is utilizing the integrated gpu that my cpu has over my external gpu? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
My specs
RX 580 4GB
Ryzen 5 2400g with Radeon Vega graphics, 3.6 GHZ
8GB of DDR4 ram
1TB HD
128GB SSD

Solution
Okay so nothing is particularly wrong with your system.

I assume you have an a320 mothboard and can't overclock you processor
Edit: I see it's a HP pavilion now.

I also assume your monitor is plugged Into your gpu since it didn't give a score on the Vega graphics

What I see is you have 45% background cpu usage during the test. You might try to monitor task manager and see what's up

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Okay so nothing is particularly wrong with your system.

I assume you have an a320 mothboard and can't overclock you processor
Edit: I see it's a HP pavilion now.

I also assume your monitor is plugged Into your gpu since it didn't give a score on the Vega graphics

What I see is you have 45% background cpu usage during the test. You might try to monitor task manager and see what's up

Solution