[SOLVED] Low FPS In GTAV

ethanchico533

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
I have been getting Low FPS in GTAV after coming back from a very long break. I am getting and average of around 65 fps just going around the map in online. I dont know why im getting such low FPS even on lowest settings because I have a 2070, ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb ddr4 @3133Mhz, and its on an nvme ssd that is not full. In the loading screen it runs at 64 fps and will drop occasionally, vsync is not on and i am running in 1080p full screen.

Solution
After a long time and coming back it could mean some of the stuff are not updated.

Reinstall the latest drivers for your GPU. Install the latest chipset drivers for your board from the website or amd website depending on which one is the latest one.

Update your Windows to 1909 at least. People are updating to 2004. I didn't yet but I will soon.

ethanchico533

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
just to note, i have very low gpu usage with the highest being at around 30% and cpu is at the max around 40%, I am running the newest drivers and windows is the most updated version of 1903. I have already reverified the game files and have deleted the user profile for GTAV.
I am also getting 70 fps when in my ceo office looking at a wall and the same when looking out of the window.

After a long time and coming back it could mean some of the stuff are not updated.

Reinstall the latest drivers for your GPU. Install the latest chipset drivers for your board from the website or amd website depending on which one is the latest one.

Update your Windows to 1909 at least. People are updating to 2004. I didn't yet but I will soon.

Solution