Question Low fps in gtx 1660 gpu and i5 4570s

Jun 12, 2019
My current Computer Configuration is:
  1. Core i5 4570s - - Processor
  2. B85M D3H-A - - Motherboard
  3. 8 GB RAM (1600)
  4. Corsair 550w PSU
  5. MSI GTX 1660 -- GPU

I have recently upgraded my GPU which is MSI GTX 1660. The actual performance of the GPU is very good but when I installed in my system and install some games like Assassins Creed Origins, Assassins Creed Odyssey, forza horizon 3.

Now the problem is in Assassins Creed Origins I Got only 25-30 FPS in Ultra Mode.

And same thing happens with the other two games (AC Odyssey, Forza Horizon 3) in ultra mode
I cannot get more than 30 fps in "ultra mode" or in "very high" mode.

I don't know why it is happening.
Please help someone.

Does monitor affect on fps?
My monitor is 4-5 years old
I use dvi cable
And i dont know what my monitor hz is.
Just checked and no but I am really confused why your FPS is so low hmm try tweaking the settings to be a mix of high very high and ultra experiment a bit once you get do that you should be fine also do note AC Odyssey isn't very well optimized origins is a little better but still not sure about forza

Jun 12, 2019
I have installed forza today in the morning. It started with 60 fps in medium setting by default. Then I changed the settings to ultra and fps have dropped to 30 fps.

I checked on youtube with my configuration forza running above 80 fps with ultra settings.

In Arkham knight I get 50-60 fps in high setting.
And I checked youtube and results are the same as above (avg 80 fps).

I purchased this gpu so that i can play assassins creed odyssey with above 40 fps but stuck at 25-30 fps.

Please suggest me what to do?.

I have installed forza today in the morning. It started with 60 fps in medium setting by default. Then I changed the settings to ultra and fps have dropped to 30 fps.

I checked on youtube with my configuration forza running above 80 fps with ultra settings.

In Arkham knight I get 50-60 fps in high setting.
And I checked youtube and results are the same as above (avg 80 fps).

I purchased this gpu so that i can play assassins creed odyssey with above 40 fps but stuck at 25-30 fps.

Please suggest me what to do?.
I see have you tried customizing the settings instead of using the preset?

FelixAFF

Reputable
May 15, 2019
No i did not tried yet.
I tried only presets.
I will try today.
Your problem is most likely because of your monitor. My specs is Ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX 1660Ti and when i play Origins on my old monitor (1600x900) my FPS were very low but then i bought a 1080p 144Hz monitor and now i can play AC Origins ultra 40-70 fps. So the reason why your FPS is low is because lower res means lower GPU usage and if you upgrade your monitor to a 1080p your GPU Usage will increase resulting in more FPS

Jun 12, 2019
Your problem is most likely because of your monitor. My specs is Ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX 1660Ti and when i play Origins on my old monitor (1600x900) my FPS were very low but then i bought a 1080p 144Hz monitor and now i can play AC Origins ultra 40-70 fps. So the reason why your FPS is low is because lower res means lower GPU usage and if you upgrade your monitor to a 1080p your GPU Usage will increase resulting in more FPS
Thanks for the suggestion
I will try with another monitor.