Question Low FPS in minecraft on mid-tier PC

Mar 24, 2019
So apparently, my PC (Ryzen 1400, Rx 580 8gb, 8gb goodram 2400) isn't enough to play minecraft on high settings. So, games like metro exodus, far cry 5, war thunder and many others I can launch on ultra/max settings, but minecraft barely keeps up stable 40-50 fps. What could be the problem? All drivers are up to date, pc is 3 months old, parts were bought absolutely new, and no no-name companies, and java is on latest version.

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers? If Minecraft is the only game that is exhibiting the issue, you might want to see if reinstalling Minecraft changes the issue. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

rick2689

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Make sure view distance isn't set to max. That will crush any computer running MC. Also, there's a way you can increase java memory usage, google that - you'll need 64bit java. Give it at least 4 or 6GB to work with. By default it's too low.

Mar 24, 2019
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers? If Minecraft is the only game that is exhibiting the issue, you might want to see if reinstalling Minecraft changes the issue. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?
As I said, all drivers are up to date, even tried re-installing latest ones. Minecraft has been re-installed several times on different versions. I am searching for updates every week. So yes, BIOS is up to day too.

Mar 24, 2019
Make sure view distance isn't set to max. That will crush any computer running MC. Also, there's a way you can increase java memory usage, google that - you'll need 64bit java. Give it at least 4 or 6GB to work with. By default it's too low.
Draw distance is at half, I gave it 8gb of ram. One interesting thing I found out is that minecraft uses only one core, and AMD CPU's are weaker than Intel's CPU's on single core. So it might be the problem that single core efficiency...