Low FPS, micro-stuttering in games. Higher end PC build.

Nov 10, 2018
Hello guys, first time posting here so go easy.
About 2 weeks ago I built a new PC for myself, not the first time iv'e built computers and nothing has irked me more with this one.

Computer specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (Oc'd to 3.7MHz)

Gigabyte Geforce 1070TI windforce) (Overclocked)

Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB dual (Overclocked to 2666Mhz)

ROG Crosshair v2 Hero

EVGA P2 gold 750W

Corsair AIO H150i CPU cooler

500 GB samsung Evo 860 SSD (Primary drive)

2x2TB HHD

And a fresh install of Windows 10 pro.

Basically, every game so far that i have played, i seem to be getting stuttered performance and fps drops.
The worse it's been is when I try to play on Call of duty black ops 4, iv'e tried too many fixes to the point I dont think it's the game anymore. It will randomly go from 160FPS to about 30 for a second and I temporary run into a wall. Then FPS will shoot back up this process repeats itself until I ALT-F4 and give up, ive tried lowest settings to max, and every fix in between.

However, today I tried to play Warframe as my 5 year old PC ran that fine, I thought i'd be able to bump everything to max since well, it's a fairly decent PC that can run 4k. So this should be a breeze, and nope. I'm getting stutters every few mins, and quite low fps in my opinion.

Iv'e ran numerous bench and stress tests, and I don't see any issues with my components.
I do actually have micro stutters just using windows, even as im typing this it stops for a few seconds then catches up as I type. Could it be windows? I just need some help, I'm feeling rather embarrassed after spending a fair bit of money on my system and my friend running Call of duty fine with a 1050 and lower spec parts. Or could it be im using 60hz monitors one through a DVI and another HDMI? If anyone is out there, any help would be appreciated!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
are you absolutely sure your overclock on the CPU is stable?
Also, is the RAM you're using rated ofr 2666MHz? or is it rated for less and you are pushing it past that point to get to 2666MHz?

If yes on my question about the RAM, then restore to defaults and see if that fixes it.

If no to my RAM question, then look towards the CPU for it not being stable and test this by reverting it to default settings and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Nov 10, 2018

Hello yes, should've stated, my ram is rated at 3200MHz so it's well below.
And I did run AIDA64 for a good hour without any faults, one of the reasons I overclocked the cpu was to fix my issue with FPS drops, even with default on all was still doing it

Nov 10, 2018
Edit: Updated Chipset driver, and Bios to latest still happening, Reset CPU clock to default, still happening. Set ram to 2900mhz still happening. Don't know what else to do. Disabled DVR playback, and onedrive (Some solutions, still happening) Any ideas?

Nov 10, 2018

Wasn't running at 3200mhz, well until I updated bios now is. Are in correct slots and using D.O.C.P don't have XMP. Although doubt that is anywhere near what I need or what is causing my issue. I think it's a SSD issue now, going to try out some troubleshooting tonight